Herwa Community Development Initiative is a non- governmental, nonprofit, non-religious and non-political organization. The organization was formed in 1999 as Friends of the Habitat in response to the low and pervasive literacy level, rising HIV prevalence, malaria and widespread poverty. However, while registering the Association as a National NGO in the year 2000 the name of the organization was changed to Herwa Community Development Initiative on the advice of the CAC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location of Support: Maiduguri with travelling within Adamawa, Yobe and Borno states
Research Assistant Profile: Research Assistant
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Timeframe: 14 months
- Within the framework of a research project aimed at exploring health care delivery models in conflict affected settings of the North East Nigeria.
- HERWA will be partnering with other academic and humanitarian organizations to conduct a research to improve the quality of health service delivery in humanitarian settings.
- The research assistant will assist the project coordinator in recruiting study participants, conducting focus group discussions, informant in-depth interviews and transcribing qualitative data.
- Assist in recruiting research participants
- Assist in facilitating focus group discussions with humanitarian organizations and community members across different communities.
- Assist in conducting one-on-one interviews with key persons.
- Assist in conducting surveys.
- Support in facilitating, and managing field related aspects of the research.
- Hold a master degree or higher in public health, public health research or a related field.
- Familiarity with qualitative research techniques and analysis will be an added advantage.
- Intercultural tact and awareness.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
- Justify a professional research experience of at least 01 year in similar roles conducting research.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct dealings with honesty and confidentiality.
- Willingness to adhere to humanitarian principles.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate in English, pidgin and the local dialect.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, two references and application letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 14th September, 2021 at 5:00 PM GMT.