Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Learning Manager
Vacancy No: VN506
Employment type: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours of Work: 35.00
- Passionate about research and learning in international development? Help WaterAid to catalyse a step-change in water, sanitation and hygiene services?
- Join WaterAid as Research and Learning Manager (Maternity Cover) to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. Joining just as we launch a new and ambitious global strategy, you’ll also be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- This role is part of our Programme Support Unit, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical specialists, advisors and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH services to people who are the world’s poorest and most marginalised.
- The Research and Learning Manager (Maternity cover) will lead the Research and Learning team and drive forward WaterAid’s research and knowledge management agenda, which includes identifying research priorities, building research capacity and ensuring effective programmatic learning and knowledge sharing.
- As our Research and Learning Manager, you will provide leadership, advice and capacity development on research and knowledge management across the International Programme Department (IPD).
- Leading a team of knowledge management and digital learning specialists, you will guide IPD’s approach to learning and knowledge management.
- This includes the coordination of core programmatic framing documents up-to-date as well as maintaining and promoting a central knowledge SharePoint site.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Guide the development of IPD’s research agenda and improve research processes
- Provide technical input to key research projects and manage research projects directly managed by PSU
- Lead the coordination to develop the core programmatic foundation documents
- Guide and promote IPD’s Knowledge Management
- Support and coordinate IPD’s capacity strengthening initiatives
- Lead the Research and Learning team and contribute to team processes
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A relevant post-Graduate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Sound understanding and experience of research problem identification, research methods and research implementation along with practical application of research into use.
- Experience of collaborating with sector actors including governments, academic institutions and NGOs in low-income countries in the design of research projects that respond to sector demand.
- Organised and efficient. Demonstrated ability to drive tasks forward to completion in a timely manner while maintaining high quality. Escalate issues where appropriate.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team of staff and driving change
- A team player, able to work responsibly, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups and culture.
- Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
- Sound understanding of effective knowledge management covering learning and knowledge identification, capture and sharing practices for a global organisation
- Experience of designing, developing and facilitating in-person and virtual trainings, meetings, workshops and capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Very strong analytical ability and writing ability in English. Experienced in producing practical knowledge products targeting needs of diverse audiences.
This role is Grade G in Country Programmes and a Grade 2 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Submitting your CV and a Cover Letter in a single document in either Word Document or PDF format.
- Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
- Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work. For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base.
- WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
- We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at: [email protected]
Application Deadline 13th March, 2022.
Availability for interview is required the week commencing 28/03/2022.