Research and Campaigns Assistant – AI Nigeria at Amnesty International Nigeria
Amnesty International is a global movement with the aim to end human rights abuses. Independent, international, and influential; we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. Amnesty International Nigeria is a national entity that is part of the global and we campaign for meaningful human rights change to build a culture of respect for human rights in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Campaigns Assistant – AI Nigeria
Job ID: 3630
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 years
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Directorate: Research, Advocacy and Policy
No of weekly working hours: 40
About the Role
- The Research and Campaigns Assistant will assist the Programmes Manager – Amnesty International Nigeria in the development and implementation of research and campaigning strategies in the Nigeria team, including by monitoring developments, participating in carrying out research and investigations; writing reports, briefings, analyses, press releases, and advocacy materials.
- The suitable candidate must have the ability to exercise high standards of servicing to a range of stakeholders (internal to the National Office and the Amnesty movement, media, governments, NGOs and beneficiaries of Amnesty International's work, amongst others).
- Must understand the work of the Programmes Manager – Amnesty International Nigeria to enable her/him to offer Research and Campaigns support to Amnesty International Nigeria staff.
- Monitor and maintain a broad overview of relevant political and human rights developments;
- Assist with research and investigations on the human rights situation in Nigeria or thematic areas;
- Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of field research and other relevant AI missions and travel and campaign activities; including interviewing, taking notes, writing reports and briefings, preparing budgets, providing logistical support and solving problems;
- Support the development and maintenance of effective contacts, networks and partners;
- Manage files, records and other information retrieval systems where necessary within the organization's self-servicing guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of programme-wide strategies and plans for research, campaigning, youth activism and growth and provide input into internal discussions on the AI mission, policy and organizational issues in order to increase the effectiveness of AI's work;
- Contribute to the team's response during a crisis or unexpected work;
- Interview, assist with the selection of, induct, and supervise volunteers working in the team.
- Assist the Nigeria teams' research, campaigning, communication and growth activities by gathering and managing human rights-related information, by liaising with national and local contacts, media monitoring, internet searches and manual and electronic filing in relevant databases;
- Assist in planning, management and administrative meetings, seminars and workshops;
- Assist with processing incoming inquiries, petitions and follow-up with correspondence.;
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or related disciplines;
- At least 3 years' work experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, e.g. through previous work, membership of an organization, involvement in advocacy of human rights, etc;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting demands, multitask and work to deadlines to achieve results;
- Ability to deal in a sensitive and understanding manner with a variety of people, including survivors of human rights violations and others who may be distressed;
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation's core behaviours and competencies.
- Experience in the non-profit/NGO sector, campaigning, is desirable;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communication and campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience including through digital channels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other relevant local languages or additional foreign languages desirable;
N1,000,000 Naira – Salary is negotiable upon recruitment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th February, 2023.
- This role is based in Nigeria. Only those legally authorized to work in Nigeria are advised to apply for this job.
- There will be a 6-month probation period for the postholder. For detailed information about the role, please see the JD below.
- We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Research and Campaigns Assistant – AI Nigeria at Amnesty International Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.