Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Reference ID: JR000127
Level: Grade 4
Employment Type: Full Time
Department Strategic Objectives
- Lead in the delivery of customer and field sales business objectives towards the achievement of the overall organization business and growth objectives.
- Lead the field sales team to deliver agreed business objectives including brilliant execution of sales and channel marketing activities within assigned regions.
Context / Scope
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Wilmar commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving and brand building activities
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome.
- Manage the activities of the field sales team in North Region Ensure achievement of agreed business targets/KPIs for the Region (Top line, GM, focused brands, NPD, etc)
- Achievement of the sales drivers objectives for the region Manage the operational budget and expenses of the region
- Ensures our trade investment is deployed to gain full return on our investment.
- Provide input in the development of the overall country field sales/route to market strategy and implement agreed strategy in assigned region
- Actively participate and provide inputs into the commercial plan process, support development and implementation of channel, category and consumer plans to achieve the overall field sales objectives
- Feed into the demand planning process to optimize the quality and accuracy of our business planning process
- Ensure development of careers and coaching of reports in assigned region. Work with other leadership team to identify and develop successive business leaders.
Measurement / Performance Indicators
- Target vis Actual performance (month/yearly) eg (Top line, GM, Focus Brands, NPD, Distribution etc)
- Timely and effective execution of field sales activities
- Quality of Field sales team
- Field sales expenses vs budge
- Quality of implementation of field sales/route to market strategy.
- Coach and development plan implementation.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to: Head of Sales
- Direct reports are: Area Sales Manager
- Peers are: other Regional Sales Managers
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Heads of Sales
- Key distributor/ Customers
- Government agencies within the region
- PZ Marketing & Sales Network.
- Head of Department (Marketing/Supply Chain/Finance/HR)
- Line Mangers (Performance Management, recruitment, induction)
- First Degree in any discipline
- Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
Experiences (What experience brings success to this role):
- 8-10 years in sales and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs
- Experience in either Channel, Customer or field sales Management
- Demonstrated success in other roles
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop a team
- Has people management experience.
- Sales experience in the North for at least 7 years and has a very good understanding of the territory, consumers and their behaviours
- Strong command of Hausa Language
Knowledge (What does the person need to know):
- Knowledge of Business strategy development
- Working knowledge of core commercial planning
Process (IMEX, CPM, Battle Plan, Risk & Opps, RiRo, SLOBS):
- Knowledge of Field Sales, Channel and Distributor Management
- Good knowledge of channel structure and opportunities.
Functional or Technical / Business Skills (What can the holder do):
- Commercial Acumen: Proven Strength
- Customer Management: Proven Strength
- Negotiation Skills: Mastery
- Channel Strategy: Proven Strength
- Presentation & Communication: Proven Strength
- Leadership Skills: Proven Strength.
- In Market Execution: Proven Strength
- Selling skills: Mastery
- Sales Drivers: Mastery
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements.
- Previous experience of working in a food industry (preferably edible oil sector) would be advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply