Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (1 Exams and 1 cultural engagement) (Flexible across SSA)
Locations: NG Abuja, Kano
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Indefinite
Alternative locations the role could be based: Flexible across SSA
Department: English and Exams or CE
- Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences.
- We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way.
- We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact.
- This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role
- To support marketing activities in the region by implementing our marketing strategy and providing exceptional support to events, programmes and activities contributing to the overall impact we make in these markets.
- Work with our wider marketing community and local teams in understanding and expanding audiences, markets, and channels of communication, especially digital, by actively managing our meaningful engagement with target audiences and customers.
- The role holder will support the execution of the marketing and communications strategy and plans for the region.
- Supports the development and execution of campaign strategies, both traditional and online, to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice.
- Supports events following the online registrations process and back-office tasks
- Follows agreed marketing processes in a consistent manner.
- Monitors and reports on agreed marketing KPIs
- Supports our work on audiences and market segmentation working closely with the Marketing Manager.
- Communicates to customers and colleagues the need for compliance with agreed marketing policies and processes, assisting the cluster Marketing Manager in the production of reports at country level to demonstrate compliance as needed.
- Proactively participates in the Marketing Community of Practice and network of marketing professionals developing good working relationships with marketing colleagues across the organisation and the business and operational teams.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside Marketing to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively shares results and best practices with country/regional and SBU leaders and the Marketing Community of Practice.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to colleagues to ensure local, regional, and SBU specific requirements are compliant with marketing policy, process, and governance.
- Briefs and works with designers and creative agencies to produce campaign / product collateral following the regional and the global brand guidelines and toolkits.
- Supports the implementation of new marketing approaches and/or techniques which enhance efficiency and wider business impact, ensuring alignment to marketing strategy.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree or professional qualification in Marketing or Business
- Experience in a marketing assistant position at a national level within a medium or large organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing marketing plans.
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships.
- Relevant external professional accreditation e.g. CIM, Melcrum, GCN, CIPR, WOMMA etc. (or equivalent experience in relevant discipline)
- Experience in a global organisation.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th May, 2022. at 23:59 Nigeria Time.