Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Coordinate daily Refrigeration and Air-conditioning workshop activities.
- Provide daily information on completed work, work in progress and pending jobs.
- Schedule quarterly preventive maintenance of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning equipment.
- Supervise staff in air conditioning and refrigerating unit.
- Read sketches, schematics and writing diagrams, monitor and update inventory of spare parts.
- Organize work schedules for all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment.
- Allocate subordinates for servicing, maintenance and replacing of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning equipment.
- Supervise subordinates to ensure jobs are carried out effectively.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good working knowledge of cooling system.
- Have ability to read engineering drawings into details and be computer literate.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 11th May, 2022.