Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Efficacy Construction Company Limited is a Lagos Nigerian based leading Building Construction Company that has over the years emerged to be a formidable and enviable construction firm in the real estate sphere. Through its productive journey of twelve years, the company has relentlessly grown to be committed to meeting and satisfying one of the most fundamental desires on the hierarchy of human needs, Shelter. A feat we have achieved through persistent accountability, excellence, reliability, and efficiency since conception.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are searching for a reliable quantity surveyor who will manage the contractual and financial side of our construction projects.
- He/she will manage the costs on construction projects as well as help to ensure that our projects are completed within budget.
- Maintain and implement construction preform / budget for each project.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, research new materials for design and cost savings, develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand and assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, handle change order requests.
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations, ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Prepares monthly budget for all site works from site requisitions.
- Liaise with all site supervisors and managers.
- Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies; assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines assist in maintaining company quality control program.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work; meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary.
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability.
- Maintain sub/supplier information on company online management systems, manage materials/equipment inventory.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Process payments and invoices.
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
Qualifications and Background
- An HND qualification (only) in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or related field.
- HND only.
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Team work.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Quantity Surveyor” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th May, 2022.