Job ID: 2022-4673
How to Apply
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Facilitator
Job ID: 2022-4673
Employment Type: Part-Time
Category: International Positions
- Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- In collaboration with some it’s partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Avenir health, will be implementing a comprehensive infection prevention and control (IPC) program, and evaluation of the associated cost savings due to infection prevention improvements in eight selected secondary health facilities in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, Nigeria.
- The IPC/WASH is implemented as part of suite of projects funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world. MCGL project builds upon existing evidence and best practices and catalyzes innovations that enable government-led partnerships to deliver high-quality, evidence-based interventions that accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity at scale.
- There is an urgent need to hire two Quality Improvement Facilitators to support and mentor service providers and quality improvement teams at the health facilities on infection prevention and control.
- The QIF will work with the district health coordinator and managers and providers in the health facilities to ensure that the project’s strategies for the delivery of high impact quality improvement in health services are implemented
- In particular S/he will be responsible for continuous post-training supervision, mentoring and on-the- job training to service providers including the cleaners focusing on quality improvement
- The QIF will be responsible for ensuring that providers and cleaners keep to quality improvement standards in their service delivery and observe the use of service protocols and provide on-the-job training as needed
- In collaboration with the Hospital Management Board (HMB), district and other MCGL staff and partners, the QIF will assist in defining critical training needs and organizing in-service training activities as needed to support quality of care
- The QIF will work in conjunction with the HMB/District supportive supervision teams to continuously provide supervision at the health facility level, identify bottle necks to quality services and work with the health facility teams to identify and implement solutions
- The QIF will support facilities to establish quality improvement teams where it does not exist and strengthen existing ones through regular meetings and documentations, ensuring their participation in the learning platforms and use of evidence for decision-making
- The QIF will ensure the implementation of quality improvement team’s work plan and achievement of their targets
- Implement a quality improvement plan for each of the selected eight health facilities in the FCT, and implement and monitor WHO Quality of Care (QoC)/national QI strategy and framework
- The QIF will support the service providers and cleaners at each of the health facility to use findings from the study quarterly observation data to develop and implement action plans specific to their facility that would address identified gaps to improve performance before the next round of visit
- S/he will contribute to writing of the quarterly report especially in the area of quality of care and improvement related to IPC/WASH, including identifying success stories and keeping a photographic and written record of field activity highlights
- Up to date knowledge of relevant high impact IPC interventions for reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality use of such in providing support to service providers
- Up to date knowledge of quality of care issues in IPC and able to support providers in its implementation of their quality of care workplan
- Technical inputs and contributions as technical support to overall FCT IPC/MCGL WASH workplan implementation
- Support provided to technical trainings especially quality improvement capacity building of health facilities in the FCT in the area of IPC
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Documented accurate reports on types of On the Job support during quality improvement visits conducted
- Number of supportive supervision conducted with documentation on the number of providers and cleaners reached
- A Senior Nurse Midwife with 6 to 10 years of clinical/maternity practice experience including experience with teaching, quality improvement, perception and project/health management related to infection prevention and control
- Demonstrated ability to be both a team player and to lead teams and to organize multiple and simultaneous sets of IPC activities.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential
- Ability to produce accurate reports and data on activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a local language of the project state will be an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to visit selected health facilities every quarter of the year within the FCT is a requirement.
- Strong clinical skills and demonstrated supportive supervisory skills are needed
- Core competencies for infection prevention and control/WASH.
- Clear understanding of public health and quality of care issues and challenges in infection prevention practices in Nigeria.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans:
- Paid vacation
- Holidays and sick leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance plan and more.
- Personal accident insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.