EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of contract: 13 months.
About the Job
- The aim of this role is to provide day-to-day management, psychosocial support, and related activities in the safe space and community.
- In particular, the Psychosocial Assistant is responsible for addressing the mental health needs of SGBV survivors and Persons of Concern.
- Furthermore, in collaboration with the GBV Officer, S/he will oversee the provision of training and supervision of the GBV caseworkers and volunteers to respond to cases of GBV in the camp and ensure effective case management.
- In addition, S/he will work and liaise closely with the GBV Officer, GBV caseworkers on documentation of program activities.
The Psychosocial Assistant will be mainly responsible for the following:
- Providing comprehensive psychosocial counseling to GBV survivors and vulnerable women and girls – focused on the survivor-centered case management approach.
- Being responsible for assessment and counseling both at the individual and group level as the situation demands.
- Contributing to interpreting information and work with GBV officer to disseminate information and recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing weekly, monthly and bi-annual reports for all Psychosocial related activities.
- Guaranteeing all work with GBV survivors is confidential and ethical practices are observed.
- Documenting client data accurately and ensure safety and confidentiality are practiced.
- Following up with M&E to the GBVIMS is accurately updated on a regular basis.
Coordination and Networking:
- Maintaining and reinforcing existing networks with other service providers at the camp level and ensure survivors receive quality services and support.
- Supporting in conducting training for partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between EYN and other partner agencies.
- Conducting PSS community dialogue with the wider population about issues of trauma and GBV.
- Expediting the formation of support groups for survivors of GBV.
- Supporting the GBV officer and GBV caseworkers during Community GBV prevention forums and meetings.
- Promoting Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)standards in EYN Projects and amongst beneficiaries.
- Participating in scheduling meetings such as Case Conferences and PSS-related meetings.
- Working in close partnership with the GBV officer and GBV caseworkers to ensure the ongoing needs of women and girls are being met in prevention-related activities.
- Strengthening existing referral systems and networks of psychosocial service providers
- Supporting in the development of referral networks between partners implementing GBV/PSS-related activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or other Social Science related field.
- 2 years’ experience in providing psychosocial counselling in emergency humanitarian context
- Good team player: able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners.
- Experience working in Northern Borno is highly desirable
- Experience in Kanuri and Hausa language is highly desirable
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
- Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified
Application Deadline 24th August, 2021.