Psychologist – Staff Care at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist – Staff Care
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Emploment Type: Fixed term contract under French legislation
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: 06-02-2023
Your Job and Your Responsibilities
The staff care psychologist will be responsible for designing the staff care strategy in the 3 countries, aligned with ACF France principles and policy. Under the line manager of the country of intervention, the psychologist is responsible for strengthening ACF’s national employee’s coping mechanisms due to work-related stress factors:
- Improve national employees‘ strategies regarding stress related to professional factors (burnout issues, compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma) and personal factors (exposure to traumatic events). This implies to work with groups of collaborators and managers : Provides stress management group sessions to staff to help them mitigate extreme levels of stress and burnout, psychological staff care sensitizations (stress related to the work environment), individual stress management (psychoeducation, self-care strategies…)
- Provide psychological support and follow-up in cases of traumatic exposure: Trauma and Stress Management Trainings for staff and collaborators; trainings on defusing after a critical incident; acts of collective and/or individual debriefings and clinical follow-ups.
- Provide individual counselling for those asking for it, on a regular basis, in respect of confidentiality and basic principles of deontology : Individual sessions on demand, promotion of the activity.
- Evaluate and criticize the system and, if necessary, change the position and/or the psychological support system for national employees : listening to the needs of the staff and proactively proposing new activities or modalities, maintain a permanent communication with the actors in the field, the coordination, the headquarters but also the partners to keep the project alive and dynamic.
- Additional responsibilities : Fill up the monthly plans for activities for staff wellbeing training and therapeutic sessions. Develop and maintain strong internal relationships with program managers, project teams ;and program support services teams to support the delivery of staff wellbeing packages.
- Compile a concise activity report every 3 months. Organize training plans and travels on bases and across countries.
- You hold a Clinical Psychology Master’s Degree with a relevant experience in psycho trauma and psychotherapy (BCT or EMDR training appreciated).
- You demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in sensitive cultural environments; you have experience and ability in workshop facilitation, you have a good capacity to organize in emergency situations.
- This position may include working occasionally during weekends (in case of a critical incident). Previous experience in this type of contexts will be appreciated
- Fluency in English and French written/spoken is compulsory.
- Position based in Abuja (Nigeria) with with regular trips to Chad and Cameroon.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335 € upon experience.
- Monthly per diem and living allowance : 754 USD net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 150€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- 5% of the gross salary for regional allowance
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Psychologist – Staff Care at Action Against Hunger
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.