Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Locations: Shinkafi and Zurmi LGA’s – Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve patients’ mental health.
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment.
- Inform patients and their relatives about possible consequences of an illness and the drug treatment to follow
- Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Work in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Notify the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Implement Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
- Education: Essential – Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
- Experience: Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF/ other NGOs or in a well-structured medical establishment .
- Language: English and Hausa are mandatory; Other languages are desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
- According to MSF National Salary Scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: MSF Encouragers Women and People with Disabilities to Apply
Application Deadline 19th January, 2022.