Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Support Officer
Req ID: 007CF5
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categorie(s): Schneider Electric
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Risk, Issue, Assumption, Dependency Tracking. – A (RAID) log for the Project will be created. The PSO will update and publish this at the required frequency as required by the Project based upon the information provided by the Risk/Issue owner.
- Action Tracking. – Each Project Progress Meeting will be minuted, with actions recorded against an owner, with a target resolution date. These actions will be tracked by the PSO and in the event of actions not being completed by the target date will be escalated to the PM.
- Document Management and Distribution – The PSO will establish a document management & control procedure to which all staff working on the Project will be required to adhere. The PSO will set up the document register and create the schedule for the release of documents based upon the project plan..
- Configuration Management and Version Control – The PSO will provide a configuration management and version control facility for the key document deliverables as described in the section above.
- Change Management and Variation Orders – The PSO will manage the Change Request process, tracking the status of the Change Requests and advising the impact assessors of their deadlines.
- The PSO will be responsible for the raising of Invoices/Payment Requests etc when applicable and submission of these to the Accounts department.
- Team Administration – Expenses, Timesheets, Travel Bookings. – The PSO will record actual expenses incurred for each team member
- SCL Quality Procedures. – The PSO will work alongside the Project Manager to ensure that all aspects of the Quality Procedures for the Projects Department are followed on each particular Project and that any supporting paperwork and reports are available for scrutiny
- Client Liaison. – The PSO may be required to attend meetings, take minutes and report into meetings at Client premises.
- Maintains and Monitors Progress Against the Plan and Tracks Dependencies- The PSO will create the initial project plan with the assistance of the PM and key engineering staff.
- Prepares the Materials for Reporting. -The PSO will produce the Internal Progress Meeting minutes and prepare any reports/information that requires submitting to the Client require travel and being away from home overnight on occasions.
- Tracks Project Finances – The PSO will track the actual project costs (including materials, expenses, SCL staff costs, contractor costs etc) against those budgeted on a monthly basis through the use of the PF16 and the predicted costs to complete.
- A four-year Engineering Degree -or- equivalent experience within the industry
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity using standard business application software such as the Microsoft Office.
- Ability to efficiently manage Standard Project types.
- Technical aptitude for managing Standard Projects.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills: multi-tasking, planning, prioritizing and organizing projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply