Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Lead – Platforms & Integration
Reference ID: R60753
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
Job Family Group: Projects
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
Where you fit in:
- Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business supports the company’s operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar being a responsible operator. We use our technical, commercial, and digital skills to competitively optimize production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio.
- As Project Lead, you will be a member of Shell’s SPDC Nigeria HI Gas Development Leadership Team and will directly manage the Platform Jackets and Topsides Fabrication/Integration and Offshore Installation aspects of HI project in accordance with the contractual and safety requirements, within the budgets allocated and within schedule.
What’s the Role?
- In this role, you will manage the Platforms, Jacket and Integration aspects of our HI NAG Development that will develop gas and condensate in Shell’s HI field located in OML 144 in Nigeria’s Shallow Offshore Waters.
Your further accountable include:
- Assure effective project management and provide clear advice/instructions to the multi-disciplined project leadership team.
- Support the PM as a key member of the LT to deliver a competitive (cost and schedule) project.
- Manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders (Sunlink; State Government representatives; NCDMB, and Contractor Management).
- Jointly accountable with Asset Manager and Sustainable Development & Community Relations Manager to deliver performance on SCD, EISHA and Security for effective project delivery.
- Manage Operations Readiness & Assurance for the HI asset to enable the Asset Team take over operation & maintenance of the plants by full implementation of Project to Asset Handover processes, including early identification, training, involvement and integration of future operators.
- Provide Commission support on all systems for the HI Project.
- Develop contingency plans; resolve conflicts; set priorities based on trade-offs
- Integrate other functional areas (construction management, asset holders, drilling, subsurface, etc.) into a single technical delivery organization.
- Participate in the development of the control cost and schedule.
- Deliver the HI Project Platforms on schedule, safely and within budget.
- Develop project strategies, direction and performance for the HI Gas Development in accordance with Shell requirements and policies.
- Manage the interface with the Commercial Function to ensure that project execution for platforms matches the availability of funding.
- Develop and implement project management and health check systems including interface, risk/opportunity, permits and consents, cost, schedule/progress, Quality, HSE (HSE MS, HSE Case, Goal Zero), Global Processes and Monitoring/ Reporting. Apply these through the Platform design and construction phases to demonstrate Technical Integrity.
What We Need From You?
We’re keen to hear from Individuals who graduated from any Engineering discipline and who are COREN registered with working knowledge of oil and gas facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Minimum of 15 years in Engineering Design and Construction Experience with at least 3 years in a project lead position.
- Knowledge of Digital Project Management and Requirements Engineering.
- Extensive Project management experience and skills – Minimum GPES Lv2, with proven record of leading similar projects.
- Experience in Contract management.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds, self-motivated starter.
- Can manage as required the relationship with key stakeholders to achieve projects’ objectives.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with development and production of oil and gas.
- Proven track record of results delivery in challenging project environments.
- Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and engineering work processes.
- Skills and competencies such as:
- Skills in managing Strategic and Front-end Processes.
- Project Execution
- Resource & Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Project Control Processes
- Project Context
- Contracting and Procurement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply