Project Cost Engineer at Desicon Engineering Limited
Desicon Engineering Limited – Over the years we have evolved into a forward-looking organisation with a commitment to excellence. We are one of the market leaders in our industry, with strong emphasis on safety, quality and environment, to provide excellent and cost-effective solutions to our valued customers.
Since 1974, we have grown organically from our traditional Electical and Instrumenation business to a full-fledged EPC contractor. In 2006, Desicon and a multinational signed an exclusive 10-year local content partnership through which we executed a variety of projects together. We have significantly expanded our operational scope which gives us a competitive edge within the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Cost Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for setting up Cost Control Procedures and process flow charts for assigned project.
- Responsible for setting up budgets to follow the project costs for assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparing Estimation of Total Forecasts, Quantity/Costs and Expected Outcomes.
- Prepare the monthly project cost, management report and cashflow.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of project total expenditure including verifying progress works statement and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide cost controlling support for all projects or designated projects which includes variation reporting monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes.
- Assists Project Managers in optimizing and improving their budget profits.
- Liaise with Finance and other departments to effectively handle and coordinate cost related activities
- Assist the Projects to point out the items with the most significant impact on the cost.
- Preparing change orders or claims and follows up.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR); Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Coordinate with the Planning engineer to prepare the project status reports as required.
- Efficiently work as a Cost Control Engineer to effectively foresee problems before hand and mitigate the impact by appropriate timely actions.
- Ensures effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of Work Base Structure (WBS) with the use of project management systems to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare the project budget and revise them thrice (3 times) in a year and prepare the justification for the variances with the original budget and the revised budget.
- Handle other related job functions as may be assigned by the Project Control Manager or his/her designate.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 5 – 8 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Project Cost Engineer at Desicon Engineering Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria