Programs Officer at the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA)
The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA), founded in 2004, was created to improve health outcomes for women, infants, and children while working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality, and Opportunity (GEO). At the WBFA, we combine our programs with advocacy work in Nigeria and worldwide, allowing every health worker, mother, and child access to life-altering advice, opportunities, and health solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Officer
- The Programs Officer will be in integral part of the WBFA Programs team and will assist in leading on field and programmatic activity of the Abuja Office.
- The candidate will also provide administrative support to the communication team, prepare reports on on-field activities, and track progress of the project they have been assigned to.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Actively engaging in WBFA endowment and donor programs for the effective implementation of the activities of projects.
- participate in coordinating meetings with governments, NGOs and other stakeholders where required in close coordination with the supervisor.
- Collecting, preparing, organizing and implementing all aspects of the projects’ activities including preparations, community outreach and support to special consultancies occurring in the projects.
- Engaging in the preparation of reports and reporting to donors and partners, in IOM and donor formats as required, including assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of projects’ activities for the assigned components, and supporting visibility and communication activities.
- Ensure medical project activities are implemented according to the work-plan and within the allocated budgets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, work-plans with the health teams.
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that affect budget and programmatic adherence.
- Weekly activity reports writing
- Engaging in the planning, preparation and implementation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations and missions related to the projects, undertaking duty travel, when necessary, in support of project implementation.
- Providing general support to the development of new related projects based on identified needs during project implementation, including monitoring of IT components of the project activities.
- Support key project staff in liaising with relevant government partners, non-governmental entities, international organizations as well as other relevant project stakeholders when the issues strongly intersect with information technology, data and biometric systems.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations or related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience (or five years for candidates holding school diploma) in related field, closely related to development or humanitarian project administration and management;
- Experience working on health issues in a project setting will be an advantage; and,
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions, and NGOs;
- Demonstrated non-specialist knowledge in the thematic areas relevant to IOM mandate areas for project implementation and development;
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- B.Sc Social Sciences, Public Health, International Relations
- Significant experience in data entry and data management.
- Demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take initiative and to be flexible depending on changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrate competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong writing, editing, and formatting skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of any local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Values: Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
N120,000 salary monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Programs Officer at the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.