UN Women – In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Specialist (Women’s Entrepreneurship and Gender-Responsive Procurement)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Time left : 13d 20h 53m
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-5
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Coordination:
- Act as project manager for the national component of the project Women’s Economic Empowerment through Affirmative Procurement Reform in West and Central Africa and lead the implementation of national activities
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate consultants and other contractors for the implementation of project activities
- Monitor project progress according to the work plan, and draft monitoring and donor reports
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and timely donor reporting;·
- Finalize annual and quarterly reports; finalize the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports; ·
- Coordinate relationships with key partners to support implementation, raise potential problems and suggest solutions
- Manage financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking
- Oversee regular monitoring visits to project implementation sites
- Act as country focal person for the regional evaluation of the project
- Manage relationships with government stakeholders, including procurement agencies at the federal and state level, to strengthen the implementation of project activities.
- Identify capacity building needs and support the development of strategies to build capacity in the area of gender-responsive procurement policies and practices
- Support and oversee technical experts in the provision of technical assistance to institutional partners and Women-led SMEs to access public procurement/corporate supply chains
- Build and strengthen partnerships with women-owned businesses, women-owned business networks and development partners (civil society organisations, donors) including through facilitating partner learning, and identifying opportunities for collaboration
- Technical assistance and advice on Affirmative Procurement Reform: Advice CO senior management and project partners on the integration of affirmative procurement principles in national/regional policies.
- Support the CO in the formulation and implementation of national learning strategies to build the capacity of UN Women’s and its strategic partners in the area of affirmative procurement
- Lead the development of advocacy, knowledge building and communications activities at the national/country level
- Contribute to the exchange of information and lead/supervise technical experts in the development of knowledge products
- Actively participate in UN Women’s Community of Practice on Gender-responsive procurement to share results, information and lessons from the project
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to work plans and budgets;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender / Women’s Studies, International Development, or a related field is required
- A first-level University Degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Certification in Gender, Project Management, Affirmative procurement, Public-Private Partnerships, Financial Management, would be considered an added advantage
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in public policy and strategy to support women’s entrepreneurship.
- Experience working in programs and projects funded by international institutions (World Bank, African Development Bank; United Nations System) is an asset.
- Experience designing and delivering training for women entrepreneurs is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of gender/public procurement procedures and regulations in West and Central Africa;
- Knowledge of and experience working with private sector affirmative sourcing and supply chain practices;
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good budget and finance skills
- Good knowledge of the technical area of gender-responsive procurement
- Good knowledge of women business associations
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising.
- Good knowledge of Results-Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
Application Deadline 10th November, 2021 (Midnight New York, USA).