The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Contract type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Contract Length: 5 years, renewable yearly
- We are looking to recruit experienced personnel to fill various positions under a donor-funded project on Women’s Political Participation.
- The priority of this program is to enhance women’s political participation and demand greater transparency and accountability in the electoral and decision-making process and promote greater women’s participation.
- To contribute to this long-term aim, the project will work towards increasing awareness of women by enhancing their capacity to engage in Nigeria’s electoral process. This increased awareness will contribute to the informed participation of women in the 2023 general elections and other elections in Nigeria.
- The new program aims to promote democratic consolidation in Nigeria by contributing to the building of strong, inclusive, effective, and legitimate democratic institutions.
- The global objective of this program is: to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory, and representative democracy in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The specific objective of this program is to engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible, and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of women.
- Conduct regular analysis of political issues on inclusive and participatory democracy in line with the Fund’s thematic priorities
- Support the implementation of the approved project work plan
- Support the development of thematic work output particularly on women’s political participation, gender advocacy and leadership development
- Support the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with partners.
- Lead the organizing and facilitation of dialogue meetings, workshops and seminars with government representatives, civil society, and international development partners
- Pursue alliances, networks, and collaboration with organizations with similar or complementary thematic focus to advance the implementation of the project work plan.
- Identify opportunities and help in developing relationships for promoting women’s political participation.
- Represent the organization at meetings, seminars, coordination fora and other events.
- Provide effective and ongoing communication to diverse audiences in project areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Women and Gender Studies, Political Sciences, International Relations, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking.
- Traditional Office hours of 8 am – 5 pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
- Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
- Health Insurance
- 28 days leave
- Opportunity to travel across states Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.