Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Active Voices is a pro-girl and pro-woman organisation that tackles critical issues paramount to health and development. Active Voices believes in innovation and utilising non-traditional approaches to bring about the desired change in the communities in which we work. From inception in 2016, Active Voices has empowered girls and young people to protect themselves and have a say in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja (Remote)
- The Program Officer works to provide technical and managerial support under the direction of the Program Director.
- This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and workplans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met.
- This includes providing strategic inputs for annual workplans, proposal / grant development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, and personnel management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, workshops, identifying participants, follow-up and coordination with participants and invitees, support logistic arrangements.
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Preparation of project outputs that relate to implementation of programme activities, such as progress reports, briefings, presentations.
- Development of grant proposals and work plans including budgets and modifications as required.
- Coordinating the implementation, mentoring, supervision and evaluation of programmes and projects of the organization.
- Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
- Liaise with other units to write and produce programmatic reports of programmes, projects and activities of the organization monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a University Degree or its equivalent in Public Health, Development Studies or any Social or Health Science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Intermediate research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Additional Advantageous Competencies:
- Understanding of NGO’s operation, best practices and donor relation
- A strong commitment to development and humanitarian service
- 2-3years experience as a program officer
- Experience in proposal writing.
As a remote position, a monthly stipend will be provided to cover the cost of internet. In the event of physical meetings / engagement, transportation reimbursement will be provided.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in only one attachment (PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to include functional contact details as well as contact information for at least two referees in the curriculum vitae