Program Development and Partnerships Manager at Tearfund Nigeria
Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Development and Partnerships Manager – Nigeria
Job ID: 2674
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Job Category: International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Are you a qualified Program Development professional? Do you have strong stakeholder engagement skills and experience?
- Do you have substantial proven experience in Business Development and Partnership management?
- Do you have experience having worked in an operational relief and/or development environment?
The successful candidate will:
- Developing a country funding strategy and plan with clear and measurable results based on in depth market and concept analysis
- Lead on programme, brand, market and donor facing communication and liaise internally for production of tools, literature and information for donors and other project stakeholders
- Developing goals for the business development and growth, ensuring they are met and overseeing new acquisitions, bids, contracts and pitches
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities and Increasing the value of current donors while attracting new ones.
- Attending, lead on and participate in conferences, meetings, exhibitions and industry events, build relationships and communicate the country programme's work
- Lead and coordinate with the programme and finance team to develop concept notes, proposals and budgets for submission to donors as required
- Undertake the proactive assessment of potential risks in managing donor contracts throughout the project cycle management, anticipate risks, inform and support all concerned including SMT to take timely risk mitigation measures
- Where projects are implemented with partners, ensure timely review of partners' financial and narrative reports in accordance with the terms of their partnership agreements, coordinating with the Partnership and Finance Team.
- Maintain and coordinate partner program, finance, and compliance monitoring and review meeting schedules, and coordinate support for partners to address any concerns or issues that may arise. Ensure any issues are attended to
- Work with the relevant Technical Teams and other functions to ensure Grant Opening Meetings, Grant Review Meetings, Grant Closure Meetings and Program Cycle Meetings are timely organised ensuring desired quality, and all mandatory internal documents are in place (internal log frame, internal budget, procurement plan, M&E matrix)
- Responsible for the finalisation of timely donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports and that they meet quality standards
- Support and advise colleagues with queries related to donor compliance on grants within the portfolio, and work with other departments (i.e. programs, finance, M&E, logistics) to ensure all documentation required is ready and available for audits.
- They will provide leadership in identifying, developing and winning bids to resource the implementation of the Country Strategy.
- This role leads the country team in the coordination and development of evidence-based, high quality funding proposals, working closely with the program, MEAL and finance teams.
- They will represent Tearfund at all external donor engagements within Nigeria and to do this effectively, the role holder will need to remain apprised of the existing programmes implemented by Tearfund especially results achieved in the programs.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the role is responsible for leading the coordination of all donor proposals, donor visits and ensuring SMT is apprised of progress against implementing the Business Development Strategy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th March, 2023.
Potential Interview Date 28th April, 2023.
- This position may involve traveling internationally and locally withing Nigeria.
- The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Program Development and Partnerships Manager at Tearfund Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.