Program Associate – Social and Behaviour Change at John Snow Incorporated
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Associate – Social and Behaviour Change
Slot: 3 Openings
- M-RITE is a consortium of global leaders in immunization systems approaches, integrated management and service delivery, health system strengthening (HSS), financing, data and learning, social and behavior change (SBC), strategic partnerships, gender, and human-centered design (HCD). Led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), along with PATH, Results for Development (R4D), Accenture Development Partnerships (ADP), CORE Group, and The Manoff Group, the consortium has extensive experience in shaping global strategies and collaborating with local partners to improve immunization outcomes and build on past learning and accomplishments.
- The project’s mandate is to strengthen the capacity of USAID partner countries to overcome entrenched obstacles to equitable immunization coverage. Additionally, M-RITE contributes to ongoing global efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on immunization services and supports countries to prepare for and introduce COVID-19 vaccines.
- In Nigeria, the project provides support to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) at the national and state level for COVID-19 vaccination rollout and the design of the RI start-up program in five states of Nigeria: Bayelsa, Edo, Imo, Jigawa, and Lagos.
- M-RITE provides technical assistance (TA) focused on capacity-building, gender-sensitive microplanning, and service delivery to support the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccines and help the NPHCDA to adapt its strategies as the pandemic and vaccine supply and service delivery strategies evolve.
- M-RITE conducted initial analyses and several partner discussions during a two-month start-up period, utilizing existing data on RI system performance as well as drivers of demand in the focus states and has engaged stakeholders at national, state, Local Government Area (LGA), and health facility levels to identify the root causes of persistent challenges to equitable immunization coverage in the five focus states. Through this investment, USAID aims to increase its impact on achieving high equitable coverage with RI services.
- The Program Associates will support communications, Mass media and media materials related activities including documentation at state level.
- S/ he will work closely with the Senior SBC Advisor, State Team Lead, state SBCC officer, state Social Mobilization/ Health Promotion Officer (SMO) and other state thematic area Program Associates for effective coordination and integration with state-led community engagement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support M-RITE Communications and Mass Media activity planning and implementation processes.
- Support M-RITE liaison with Radio and TV stations on compliance to contract deliverables, deviations, airing challenges, opportunities and general observations or feedback.
- Monitor and report on the airing status of M-RITE Nigeria Radio and TV spots across implementing states.
- Support M-RITE representative/s at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required
- Track and report on other COVID-19 campaign, Routine Immunization/ PHC content across all three Media arms.
- Identify new media opportunities for M-RITE in the state.
- Provide support to programmatic research and knowledge management processes such as conduct of interviews, follow up and documentation for success stories and Human Centered Design at the state level.
- Other duties as identified by his/her supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- An HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences. Advance degree in Health Promotion is desirable
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Experience supporting NERICC/ NPHCDA/SERICC/ SPHCDA and versatility with a camera is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “Program Associate-SBC” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st June 2023.
Note: Any submission made after the stipulated date will not be considered
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Program Associate – Social and Behaviour Change at John Snow Incorporated
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria