Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, on behalf of HarvestPlus, seeks suitable
Nigerians for the position below at its country office in Ibadan:
Job Title: Program Associate
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Support the CBC Nigeria Program Manager to ensure technical, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring of vitamin A maize (VAM) & vitamin A cassava (VAC) crops value chains.
- Support in strengthening of institution that enhances the performance of businesses along the value chains.
- Support HarvestPlus partners and stakeholders in the implementation of projects and report project regularly.
- Provide technical support to agro dealers and stem entrepreneurs to provide technical information to farmers at point of sales product at the various commodity markets.
- Develop and implement technical, organizational and business advisory services, and support to the creation of enabling environment.
- Develop advisory service models that will deliver appropriate value chain-wide
- technical support.
- Have sound knowledge of agricultural extension skills and smallholder capacity building and a focus of inclusive business models.
- Design and support the implementation of specific studies and request for proposal, country-specific contributions to monitoring, reporting to monthly, biannual and annual progress reports and evaluation of program activities
- Develop appropriate business models and plans for the implementation and delivery of vitamin A maize (VAM) & vitamin A cassava (VAC) supply chain.
- Specifically work with seed companies to ensure production, distribution and marketing of seeds and stems.
- Work with seed companies and agro dealers to ensure access to seeds at state and LGA levels.
- Support seed value chains with demand creation exercises and demos to stimulate demand for vitamin A maize (VAM) & vitamin A cassava (VAC) crops value chains.
- Provide technical support to extension officers to create a multiplier effect.
- Coordinate and network with relevant stakeholders/actors operating in the various vitamin A maize (VAM) & vitamin A cassava (VAC) crops value chains.
- Work closely in collaboration with other members of HarvestPlus team.
- Have prior knowledge of private sector development initiatives.
- Prepare and implement operational plans and budgets for effective engagements with the development, private and public sector and ensure proper coordination of activities along the links of the value chains.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the food business, marketing and technical function or similar role in a well-structured environment or donor-funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good report writing skills, high competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have basic presentation skills and good at making networks.
- Have additional training in the areas of value chain approach, entrepreneurship,
- business development services, policy formulation, advocacy, ICT and experience in implementing nutrition-sensitive value chains will be an advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th March, 2022.