Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Contract Period: 11 months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Plan and supervise procurement activities for goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the project and capital according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance
- Plan and supervise day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of procurement procedures in the project or capital
- Regularly assess the market for new suppliers to supply the recurrent needs of the mission and seek products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest timeframes.
- Negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated.
- Developing and maintaining relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Coordinating and leading the team under him/her, including the defining each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up work schedules and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/ her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Submitting and collecting quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and providing updates on “item-supplied” data: price, availability, quality, lead time
- Together with the Supply Chain Officer, determining the purchase planning according to the incoming requests / orders, product availability (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors
- Coordinating and supervising the purchasers’ activity, managing the purchasing budget, and settling advances with the Finance Department
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Quantity Surveying / Business Administration / Accounting or similar area.
- Experience: Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF or in a well-structured establishment
- Language: English mandatory; Other languages are desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply
Application Deadline 20th January, 2022.