Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist, Transitional Police Unit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police.
- Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Procurement Specialist will serve as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project.
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager and Deputy Logistics Manager, the Procurement Specialist will manage all local and regional procurement-related activities on the project, working with requisitioners to develop specifications and SOWs needed for comparable quotes.
- The Procurement Specialist will maintain an updated approved vendors list, and a PO status log, and will coordinate closely with logistics on invoice receipt and payment. The Procurement Specialist will support the logistics unit during heavy logistics requirements. This position reports to the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure acquisition of local goods and services/procurement of equipment meet ISO 9001:2015 certified and FAR requirements.
- Follow the project’s procurement manual procedures for purchasing equipment and materials.
- Assist the Logistics Manager/ Deputy Logistics Manager to identify vendors and solicit quotes for all local procurement requirements.
- Observe all established acquisitions policies and procedures to ensure free and fair competition for bidding on any services or procurement.
- Strictly adhere to the highest ethical standards and follow project procedures, company, and government rules and regulations to prevent corrupt practices, such as bribery and kickbacks, during the bidding process and throughout the execution of a contract.
- Travel to training facilities outside of Abuja will be required to manage the satisfactory delivery of goods and services procured.
- Ensure all required authorizations are secured for each procurement.
- Maintain an approved vendor log.
- Coordinate procurement actions with the logistics team, inviting vendors to submit quotations, bids, and proposals.
- Support the Logistics Manager in negotiation with vendors.
- Must have a BA from an accredited university.
- Three years of professional experience in procurement and project management, or similar field, with an international organization.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and Windows Operating System.
- Responsible, highly organized, and motivated.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
- Two years of professional experience with food and beverage or similar services type contracts.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government regulations highly preferred.
- Ability to travel outside of Abuja for periods of one week or longer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.