Procurement Officer I at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer I
Job Ref: STS2023-003
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documented standards for procurement governance and procurement processes, which result in value for money outcomes and minimize procurement risk.
- Assist with the preparation of tender recommendation for approval under delegated authority.
- Assist with the preparation of tender recommendation for approval.
- Review proposed contract documentation and prepare contract documents for approval.
- Utilize Risk Management skills to ensure contractors and suppliers always have appropriate insurance/Work Cover/bonds.
- Promote excellent customer service. Identify, review and implement strategies to improve service, quality and efficiency.
- Maintain strong team relationships among colleagues and community groups, on a formal and informal basis across all levels.
- Ensure the security of the department properties and assets, and maintain a commitment to the care of all properties and assets.
- Manage contracts assigned to ensure compliance with specifications and service, quality and delivery standards.
- Assist the procurement management to develop and maintain organizational procurement capacity by providing training and support to staff with regard to procurement processes and governance.
- Provide operational support and advice to procurement management and staff in relation to procurement, contracting and contractor’s management.
- Establish and maintain a Contract Register of prospective, potential and existing sources of supply.
- Facilitate and coordinate best practice tendering and contracting.
- Review tender documents for compliance with standards.
- Facilitate expenditure reviews to identify opportunities to add value through improved procurement.
- Develop and maintain a reporting system, which measures the contribution of the procurement processes.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- B.Sc / HND in Purchasing and Supply or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment. Possession of CIPSMN is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Have ability to use Oracle Application.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th February, 2023.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Procurement Officer I at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria