Procurement Officer at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 2200067G
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Team/Programme: Procurement Officer
Contract Length: 1 year
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work on country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The Procurement Officer (Buying) is responsible for purchasing of goods and services in Ogoja based on needs of Save the Children’s programmes, managing orders and relations for a complex portfolio of programmes.
The Procurement Officer will also support the Supply chain Coordinator in:
- Ensuring that the right supplies and services are procured and that there is timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensuring best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
- Budget responsibility:
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- BA / B.Sc in Management; Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) or equivalent Experience
- Master’s Degree in above fields is an added advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing procurement processes
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Knowledge of NGO/Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Procurement system experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Procurement Officer at Save the Children
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.