Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminum, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminum alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Purchases goods or services for their employer to use or sell. Ensures employer obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring a company sticks to budgets and operates profitably, plans and coordinates the work of buyers and purchasing agents.
- She/he ensures that his organization secures the best deals for products and services it purchases.
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
- Build supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the commissioning and procurement cycle.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Ensure that all transactions will be done in a cost-effective way and ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities and develop a purchasing strategy process payments and invoices
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Keep a constant check on stock levels
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GM and/or GMD.
- First Degree / HND in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or any Social sciences.
- A Master’s degree or an MBA will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-graduation experience.
- Proven experience as an Procurement Manager
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Time Management.
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
N200,000 – N250,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th December, 2021.