Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Intern
Reference ID: req24662
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
- The Procurement Assistant (Intern) is a Key position within Supply Chain and carries responsible for the IRC Integrity system. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- The Procurement Assistant must ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
- Required Support and Preparation of Lunching Microsoft ERP referred to as (Integra for IRC)
- The Procurement Assistant 9Intern) is responsible for working closely with Procurement Officers, Senior Procurement Manager, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective support is provided on all required aspect of making sure the system is operational and preparation to support program implementation.
- Uploading of scanned documents
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data on the Item forecast list
- Raise Purchase Requisition as required as per the Item forecast need
- Archiving of Procurement files online
- Follow up internally between Supply Chain and Finance on status of vendors payments
- Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (Integra) and ensuring data accuracy.
Responsible for implementing procurement strategies and ensures all program procurement needs are met on time in accordance with Global Supply Chain and donors’ standards. This includes:
- Support in development of procurement specifications of new items
- Request for quotations / proposals when required.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Conduct market survey in every two months
- Support and participate in open tender meetings & evaluations.
Responsible for managing supplier’s performance to ensure that there is precise record keeping as provided by GSC. This includes:
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Documents supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance scorecards
- Source for new vendors on different categories of goods and services
Compliance and Ethics:
Assist in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements (including any specific departmental procurement task assigned), Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes through:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- identifying and reporting procurement red flags,
The Procurement Assistant (Intern) is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate: –
- Weekly Purchase Requisition tracker done manually after following up with pending deliveries for goods and services every Friday of the we
- Updated list of items not on the MPA on monthly basis
Key Working Relationships:
- Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels
- Vendors and Services providers.
- Diploma in Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Competent use of Computer, especially spreadsheets
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Good mathematical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply