Procurement and Logistics Associate at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 36 Months
Classification: D3 Associate
Travel Required: Up to 10%
- The purpose of this position is to support the day-to-day activities related to procurements of goods and services of the country office to effectively support programme implementation and country office operations.
- The Procurement and Logistics Associate will serve as a primary contact and procurement lead of the country office under the supervision of the Head of Operations.
- The Procurement and Logistics Associate will be expected to work closely with the operations team, Project Managers and Country Management team in the country office and provide the technical procurement support required for handling all procurement activities
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consolidate procurement plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies for the office and projects and monitoring the procurement process.
- Organize procurement tracking system and support program and management team with up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status.
- Research and evaluate potential suppliers as well as create and maintain professional relationships with existing vendors and suppliers
- Conduct market surveys for procurement planning and budgeting.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement reports to the Head of Operations for approval by the Country Director.
- Maintain accurate documentation systems and ensure that all procurements of goods are managed, tracked, and recorded in collaboration with Office Assistant.
- Respond in a timely way to all queries from the GAIN team on the status of outstanding procurements.
- Coordinate the Procurement Committee meetings as the Secretary of the committee
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, supplier quality assessments, delivery times, product ranges, etc. and maintaining suppliers’ database with catalogues of various products and prices.
- Perform timely clearance of goods from customs by working with clearing agents, relevant government partners and timely processing and follow up of relevant government exemptions.
- Organize the loading/unloading of goods when dispatched to projects and partner organizations
- Review field office procurement records to ensure compliance, maintain appropriate purchase documentation and obtain the necessary approvals.
- Examine and analyse country office purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Assist the country office teams in the preparation of specifications, bill of quantities, TORs for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Preparation of standard bidding documents, with terms and conditions of the tender
- Record, analyse quotations, prepare bid analysis, purchase orders and contract agreements when required.
- Ensure delivery of procured goods and services to relevant teams/individuals ensuring quality and conformance with requirements.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to the Head of Operations
- Works with staff in the Nigeria office on all procurement related activities
- External suppliers and stakeholder organizations in Nigeria
- Work closely with Office Assistant and cover her/his duties when absent
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Procurement, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Management, Economics, or other relevant field of study
- MBA or relevant professional certification in procurement, logistics and supply chain would be an added advantage
- Demonstrable work experience in procurement and logistics within a well-structured organization.
- Technical knowledge of procurement and logistics management. Experience would preferably include work with INGOs
- Familiarity with and experience in using off-the-shelf or custom-developed procurement and inventory management software.
- Experience or willingness to use computer-assisted task planning and monitoring systems and procedures (e.g., in Outlook, SharePoint or other).
- Experience in procurement planning, market intelligence, vendors due diligence, competitive bidding processes, contract formulation, review of commitments, and logistics management.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations, or other international donor agencies.
- Very strong computer skills particularly in Excel and other Microsoft Office program and proficiency in spreadsheet applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly developed numeric skills required for this role
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, strong team oriented and flexible
- Keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability and responsiveness within areas of responsibility
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Honest, ethical, and committed
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Team player, but with ability to work independently without close supervision
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) is required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow-up.
NGN 6,897,828 – NGN 7,876,788 (gross) per annum, depending on experience.
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Procurement and Logistics Associate at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.