Process Engineer at Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Engineer – Ashaka
Requisition ID: 687
- To provide technical support to plant operations with the ultimate goal of improving performance, efficiency and long-term profitability
- Responsible for the development of the necessary system, tools and procedures for plant optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Plays a role in safety Health and Environment commitment and demonstrates ownership. Ensure compliance to Holcim, Health and Safety standards and advisories of process department and generally in the plant.
- Conducts plant performance evaluation and technical audits with a view to optimising productivity and attaining sustainable process stability.
- Monitors the process performance of the entire plants on day to day basic and defines corrective actions as well as implement them targeted to achieve desired product.
- Defines production conditions, process parameters and operating procedures for new or modified installations to achieve the project’s stated objectives
- Works/liases with experts on related process matters, new technologies and best practises and leads the implementation of selected projects aimed at modifying existing system to make them safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly
- Regularly monitors the parameters relating to the plant operation to determine the accuracy of the sensors to guarantee reliable operational data
- Carries out process inspections on major equipment to know their internal status, capture, identify correctives and preventive actions for sustainable equipment reliability and follow up implementation.
- Perform proper field measurements aimed at providing critical data necessary for process characteristics and troubleshooting.
- Prepare written and oral reports on the work undertaken in a clear and concise manner ensuring data availability to other department.
- To give support and implement the group environment’s policy.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a cement plant or related industry.
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing processes: raw meal preparation to cement storage and despatch.
- Good knowledge of thermodynamics and its application to cement manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies
- Good knowledge of Statistical process control methods and experimental design.
- Good understanding of industrial control loops and operational logics necessary for effective troubleshooting strategies
- Working understanding of all the Lafarge Operational and Governance Safety Standards and Advisories, be trained (internally) on coal shop safety, Inert gas generator operation and inertization process and with reference to the Emergency Response plan be a First Aider, Fire hydrant operator and be able to perform WAH and CONFINED space rescue.
- Good knowledge of thermal and mass balances as applied to cement manufacturing process
- Working knowledge of industrial instrumentation devices.
- In-depth knowledge of major industrial unit operations and their equipment functions.
- Understanding all physico-chemical reactions and resultant products applicable to cement manufacturing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Process Engineer at Lafarge Africa Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.