Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Cost Engineer
Ref No: R60728
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Projects
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in cost management and contracting within the oil and gas sector.
- Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- In Projects & Engineering, we believe that an inclusive and diverse workplace is essential to our future
- success. The role sits within the SWO (Shallow Water Offshore) Project Services Team, reporting to the SWO Project Services Manager (PSM). The role is supported from a discipline perspective through the Manager Project Services, Nigeria.
What’s the Role?
- As a Principal Cost Engineer, you will have the full responsibility for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of the cost engineering activity for the Shallow Water Projects. You will support SWO Project Services Manager in leading cost engineering support for all SWO projects in the portfolio.
- Your main responsibility is to deliver standard, consistent, and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to projects in the Shallow Water Portfolio of projects.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
- Roll-out of the company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project’s life cycle development & execution phase.
- Develop and implement project cost and schedule management plan.
- Develop and implement Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub-projects.
- Participate in peer reviews and other assurance events.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
- Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
What We Need From You?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 10-15 years of working experience in cost engineering role, cost management, cost control and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Scientist or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Strong offshore and project engineering experience
- Experience in full responsibility for establishing, managing, and delivering the project services activities.
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft applications and cost management tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply