Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager at WaterAid Nigeria
WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Reports to: Head of SPEL
Manages: M&E Officers
Travel: Potential travel to be determined as work demands
Team Description (Background on the Resilient Water Accelerator)
- WaterAid Nigeria has recently completed its 2022-2027 country programme strategy which sets a 5-year building block towards delivering a more influencing led programme over a 10-year horizon. This new country strategy rather than reflect a progression from previous country programme strategies, outlines key shifts in focus required to catalyze change and achieve maximum impact for our work in Nigeria.
- The primary purpose of this role is to support the implementation of WaterAid Nigeria’s country strategy by ensuring that all activities are properly included in realistic and achievable annual plans and to lead on the effective monitoring of progress of programme implementation against objectives. The PME
- Manager will work in strong collaboration with programme team colleagues to ensure timely and accurate project monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance of programmes, learning and reporting.
- The role will work with programme team colleagues to develop and support the ongoing planning cycle (monthly, quarterly and annual), Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems, provide management.
Ways of Working:
- The ideal candidate will need to be inclusive and embrace our values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
Planning and Coordination:
- Working with the Coordinator Planning, Strategy & Reporting, support WaterAid Nigeria’s Senior Management Team (SMT) in the development and implementation of Country Programme plans and budgets in line with overall strategy.
- Support Directors & Coordinators in the development and implementation of annual plans in line with budgets and programme strategy.
- Provide strategic support in managing the implementation process in the CP
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Coordinate and lead Monitoring and Evaluation activities with support from other departments and WaterAid UK, in line with WaterAid’s frameworks.
- Support full implementation and integration of global PMER requirement and standards across all areas of WANG’s work.
- Lead the conduct of periodic Post Implementation Monitoring Surveys (PIMS).
- Supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to monitoring & evaluation systems and processes
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of all Country Programme reports, the annual output verification exercise and the impact assessment at the end of the programme cycle in close collaboration with Programmes Directorate. Contribute to other reports as required.
- Proactively monitor the CP’s Country Strategy and operational plan to promote the review and achievement of the CP strategic objectives.
- Promote and monitor the mainstreaming of inclusion in WaterAid’s Country Programme
- Provide technical and operational guidance/capacity strengthening to partner organizations on field monitoring, survey activities and database management in connection with WaterAid supported projects and programmes.
- Support colleagues, implementing partners and sector actors in setting performance standards and developing systems, templates, tools and other support material to facilitate performance monitoring, planning, research, outcome evaluation for the WASH sector and the effective and timely information flow between country, regional and global levels to increase efficiency and reduce ad-hoc information requests.
- Conduct baseline surveys/ evaluations, and surveys, including engaging with consultants on analyses of results and quality of reports where required.
Learning & Capacity Building:
- Generate organisational learning from monitoring and evaluation activities, document lessons learnt/case studies and share organisational learning with potential audiences and users – both internal and external to promote and replicate best practices across the organisation and sector.
- Act as a super-user of the M&E software and its application; support its development, aligning it with global systems and core procedures. Ensure colleagues are trained and competent in its use, providing advice and support to others.
- Contributing to effective learning and knowledge management in line with WaterAid’s overall approach.
- Support the delivery of the country strategic objective on research, learning and documentation.
- Participate in, support or lead relevant capacity building initiatives and workshops on PM&E targeting implementing partners.
- University Degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Statistics or other relevant field.
- 5 years post NYSC experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation preferably in an NGO setting.
- Experience in international research or development organisation may also be considered.
- Good understanding of project planning cycle and management cycles
- Strong Excel, Microsoft ACCESS /IT skills.
- Strong knowledge in the development and use of software and database applications for programme monitoring & learning.
- Experience with conducting data quality assurance and reviewing indicators for projects.
- Good knowledge of data collection methodologies , tools and processes.
- Experience in using quantitative and qualitative tools for carrying out monitoring and evaluation projects.
- Skilled in analysis. Able to analyse information and make sound conclusions and decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex information clearly to others, and produce impactful reports and presentations.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Driven to meet deadlines.
- Experience of building the capacity of other and facilitating learning in relation to planning, monitoring & evaluation.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, negotiate and influence across teams in order to achieve the best outcome.
- Proactive approach. Identifies issues and challenges, and seeks to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Master’s Degree in Development Management or related area.
- Training in statistics and/or planning.
- Knowledge / experience in knowledge management systems.
- Experience in community-based development.
- Experience of M&E in the water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH) sector.
- Strong hands-on development project design and management experience.
- Understanding and experience of designing research projects to support monitoring, evaluation & learning.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th February, 2023.
- To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
- The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
- No recruitment agencies please
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Manager at WaterAid Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.