Pipeline Security Lead, West at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pipeline Security Lead, West
Reference ID: R102697
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Experience Level: Early Careers
What’s in it for you?
- The Pipelines Security Lead – West will report directly to the Pipelines Security Manager.
What’s the Role?
- The role is responsible for the implementation of pipelines security operations activities in the Western Division of SPDC. The incumbent will hold direct responsibility for protecting the entire stretch of both the Trans Ramos Pipelines (TRP) and the Trans Escravos Pipelines (TEP) assets.
- The incumbent will also be expected to implement security operations and protection measures for all personnel (staff and contractors), Delivery Lines, Trunklines, Manifolds and Risers on both the Trans Ramos Pipelines (TRP) and Trans Escravos Pipelines (TEP) assets, conveying products (Oil) all the way to Forcados Oil Terminal (FOT). The estimated total budget for these operations is expected to be circa 3 million Dollars.
- He/She will supervise a team of some 25 core contract security personnel (consisting of one Area Security Adviser, 2 Security Advisers, several Pipelines Security Supervisors and close to 200-armed Government Security Agents (GSA). He/she will oversee the deployment of these GSAs in support of Pipelines Security operations.
- The incumbent and his team will be tasked with securing both the Trans Ramos Pipelines (TRP) and the Trans Escravos Pipelines (TEP) assets (by deploying these GSAs to specific camps on both the Trans Ramos Pipelines (TRP) and the Trans Escravos Pipelines (TEP) assets).
- The incumbent will also produce a Security Plan and ensure all Shell Group LOD 1 protocol are observed to provide assurance of measures put in place for securing both the Trans Ramos Pipelines (TRP) and the Trans Escravos Pipelines (TEP) assets.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and assess security threats and risk to the TEP and TRP.
- Ensure appropriate security risk mitigation measures are in place along the TEP and TRP.
- Manage/support Shell’s response to security related incidents along the TEP and TRP.
- Ensure SI Memos are prepared and approved before any GSA deployment.
- Conduct VPSHR briefing and documentation within pipelines security team.
- Responsible for managing externally contracted service providers; interface with providers; invoice processing and deliverables follow up.
- Effectively manage pipelines security office; ensuring compliance with all administrative/HSSE/office requirements; drive compliance with HSSE standards by colleagues, visitors, and contractors.
- Exhibit excellent management skills that will guarantee ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ensure POs are prepared and issued before any vendor activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate compilation of Time Sheets to reflect actual services rendered by vendors/GSAs.
- Ensure Service Entries are prepared and issued to vendors.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices for payments for services rendered by security vendors.
What we Need from You?
- Experience working in an oil and gas company is desirable (with 10-17 years of relevant work experience preferably in a security services environment).
- Strong understanding of security risk management principles and practice (security threat assessment, security risk assessment, information security risks, security risk mitigation, etc).
- A strong university degree in security management or any other discipline.
- A Master’s Degree or higher educational qualifications will be an advantage.
- Possession of internationally recognized security certification such as: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) is desirable.
- Very strong written, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and present accurate information in a logical sequence: using graphs, charts, tables, and other illustrative devices will stand out any candidate.
- Ability to handle and exploit information sources is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP will be an advantage.
- A retired military, police, law enforcement or security officer (of the rank of an Army Captain or its equivalent) (as a minimum) will be acceptable.
- Ability to work within, or lead a multi-talented team.
- Ability to interface seamlessly with GSA.
- Team building spirit.
- Discipline and winning spirit.
- Display “real self” and willing to speak difficult truths.
- Consistently demonstrates values and beliefs through action.
- Balances honest self-expression with being open to other perspectives.
- Promotes and models personal well-being.
- Aligns team targets to business goals.
- Visibly intervenes to manage safety and compliance risks.
- Champions change and overcomes resistance.
- Harnesses the creativity of others to generate new approaches.
- Makes timely decisions under ambiguity.
- Establishes trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates openly with other parts of the organization.
- Embraces the advantages of diversity.
- Delivers difficult messages upward excellently.
- Sets stretching goals and gains commitment to deliver specific outcomes.
- Empowers the team to act and to speak their mind.
- Structures work allocation to provide development opportunities.
- Ruthlessly eliminates complexity and waste.
- Scam Warning
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Pipeline Security Lead, West at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.