People and Culture (HR) Officer at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture (HR) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to provide human resource support for the Borno field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the P&C Manager, Humanitarian and matrix managed by the Head of P&C and expected to work very closely with other members of the team.
Dimension of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will ensure effective administration of all Human resource processes, policy and procedure with support from the Line manager where necessary.
Objective of the Role
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed accordingly: Review Job descriptions, posting and circulation of advertisement, review of applications and coordination of interviews with the recruiting manager.
- Update and maintain a recruitment tracking database and submit to line manager on a monthly basis
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and to ensure they are reviewed in a timely manner
- Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals and submit to the P&C Manager to be followed in the country Training Plan
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff in the response
- Working closely with the P&C Manager, provide support and capacity building to partner organizations working with Plan International in their location
- Support in ensuring that staff welfare and wellbeing is prioritized
- Support in identification and implementation of team building/bonding activities
- Ensure that all information related to payroll is received and filed in a timely manner and that supporting documentation is filed
- Ensure that signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff
- Act as the primary contact person with the insurance providers, communicating the start and end of insurance coverage promptly and ensuring the necessary administrative follow up is done
- Lead on all new staff onboarding/induction process, as well as regular refreshers and policy awareness sessions
- Facilitate staff trainings on Human Resource policy and procedure, as assigned
Provide overall support to the Human Resource Department:
- Ensure the application of the Human Resource policy and provide advice and support to staff and managers
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national Human Resource functioning
- Draft and circulate Human Resource department communications as necessary
- In collaboration with line manager, develop and maintain a tracking system for response statistics
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
Dealing with problems:
- Ensures adherence to the Country Human Resource manual and codes of conduct as per requirement of the organizational policies and procedures to support sound staff management.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations from internal and external stakeholders and remain calm and resilient in the face of pressure.
- Ensure total compliance with Human Resource best practices.
- Participate in meetings with different departments in order to ascertain needs and areas in which support is required.
- Work in a team in order to achieve the aims and objectives of the organization
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues.
- Offers support through coaching and training of staff to ensure improvement in performance.
- Be creative in building and working effectively within a diverse working environment.
- Making effective recommendations to management on how to improve the Human Resource department which supporting other functions.
- Influencing management to implement recommendations made from assurance review
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to Human Resources, Administration and Management; Master’s Degree a plus
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- 3 plus Years of experience working in Human Resource and/or administrative support positions
- Understanding of national labour law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st February 2023.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: People and Culture (HR) Officer at Plan International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria