Payroll Specialist at PalmPay Limited
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
How to Apply
PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate would be required to observe and manage multiple deadlines as well as contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll administration for a defined group of employees, including data entry for new hires, terminations and employee updates, which as tax statuses, organizational levels, pay rates and direct deposits.
- Prepare payrolls for monthly approvals and support with the submission of Statutory notices and relevant tax/social security documents to third parties.
- Interact with the client base via telephone and/or e-mail to obtain payroll data including working hours, salary adjustments, special payments and employee deductions.
- Liaise with the internal and external departments to research and resolve problems to ensure the accuracy of payroll.
- Update and maintain current payroll information on all employees in the Human Resources/Payroll Information Systems.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and appropriate levels of confidentiality, providing excellent customer service.
- Reconcile HR & benefit relates invoices, and assist with audits and finance queries.
- Maintain, update and help create relevant payroll policies, procedures, forms and knowledge articles as and when required.
- Ensure proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions and other deductions.
- Enter, maintain and/or process information in the payroll system; information may include but is not limited to employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, and address changes.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Maths & Statistics or other related fields.
- Proven experience in Payroll Management, Accounting or Human Resources.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Payroll and HRIS software, Microsoft Office Suite and other databases.
- An HR professional certification is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Working knowledge of relevant tax and wage laws, union contracts and common fiscal procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and adapt to process changes; and a strong sense of importance of ownership.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client and employees' payroll needs are met.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Payroll Specialist at PalmPay Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.