OSS Doctor at the Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSS Doctor
Locations: Ekiti & Osun
Level of Effort: Full Time
The OSS Doctor will provide general care to the KP clients. The key roles of the Doctor include:
- Working with program team to develop and/or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports on monthly and quarterly basis or as required
- Support data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS. Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS
- Liaise with ECEWS to use data for decision making on how to best tailor services according to the needs of the KPs
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS, Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances
- Preparation of program reports
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS, Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals, Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care
- Effectively manage and supervise other clinicians, health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings, Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project, and Carry out any assignment as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Advanced Medical Degree (MD preferred)
- At least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment (3years + preferable)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and other software
- Experience working with the Key Populations
- Experience in developing country health care programs
- Experience in training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in management of infectious disease, and of management of clinical services;
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “The Human Resources Unit” via: [email protected] using their Full Names, the Position of Interest with Prefered Location as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th December, 2022.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
Thank you for viewing: OSS Doctor at the Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.