International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- As the Operations Manager, you will report directly to the Director- LCB and work closely with the Director of Operations at HQ.
- You will oversee the various support services for our teams in Nigeria.
- Lead and coordinate national staff on-boarding and coordinate with HQ HR on international staff onboarding
- Coordinate and monitor national staff performance monitoring, grievance management, etc.
- Prepare national staff monthly payroll
- Provide support to internal and external audit requests
- Act as the in-country project management focal point for all HR
- Support HQ in gathering and monitoring of relevant KPIs
- Act as safeguarding focal point.
Legal and Compliance:
- Ensure all necessary legal and regulatory documents are filed with national authorities to maintain INSO’s in-country registrations
- Coordinate with HQ HR on all deployment/visits of international staff
- Monitor compliance with national tax codes
- Lead audit follow up and implement recommendations in all areas of Operations
- Create a tracker for renewal of INSO registration documents as well as staff visas and work permits
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Obtain visas, work permits, and residencies as required
Facilities and Asset Management:
- Manage the entire scope of facilities management
- Prepare and maintain all the country office’s leases and contracts with suppliers
- Equip and maintain all staff facilities and vehicles
- Establish and maintain a central asset register
Procurement and Logistics:
- Enforce compliance with all Procurement and Logistics regulations
- Oversee full implementation of procurement processes
- Carry out supplier checks and vet them against anti-terror or sanction lists.
- Manage and implement INSO fleet guidelines policy
- Contribute to donor reporting in area of asset management / logistics / procurement.
- Enforce all controls to prevent fraud and corruption
- Carry out routine local market surveys for goods and services
Safety and Security:
- Serve as the focal point for the Global Risk & Safety Manager.
- In coordination with the Global Safety & Risk Manager, meet deadlines for updates of the Country Security Management Plan (CSMP) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
- Ensure appropriate steps are taken to safeguard INSO facilities, vehicles, and assets
- Ensure drivers and guards are briefed on country safety and security protocols
- Ensure new staff/consultants/visitors are oriented and trained on the Country Security Management Plan
Capacity building & Reporting:
- Conduct training for new Operations hires
- Lead implementation of new policies and procedures
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized academic institution.
- At least 5 years of progressive Operations experience, at least 2 of which should be with an NGO or international organisation.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to set deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS Office and experience with database management.
- Previous experience with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations
- Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission
- Experience as a user or admin of HRIS
- Prior field experience in West Africa in a similar position a plus.
Terms & Conditions
12-month renewable contract, €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month, 7 days of R&R every 10 weeks with a €1,250 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete Applications to: [email protected] using “Operations Manager, LCB” as the subject of the email.
Applications should be in English and include:
- Updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Cover Letter detailing why they are interested in working for INSO and how their qualifications align with this role.
- Please do not send any additional information.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process
Application Deadline 29th July, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.