Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach.
- By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
- The Activity comprises two main components: (i) design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships and (ii) technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
- The Trade Hub activity will also focus on co-investment partnerships that will increase agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria under a Research and Development (R&D) fund towards innovating and modernizing practices across five targeted value chains.
- Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population.
- The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- The Operations Manager should be based thein the central office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Operation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the head and regional offices and ensuring that office operations are kept consistent with donor and project standards.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Operation Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and supervise an operation team consisting of HR, logistics, IT, and administrative staff across the region, notably the central office located in Abuja, Nigeria and the three regional offices in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, and Ghana.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to support all Co-Investment and Technical Assistance activities of the Trade Hub.
- Ensure that the operational policies for all regional offices, including field operations management guide inventory, fleet management, and ICT are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively.
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement of goods and services for the Nigeria, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana offices. Working closely with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to procure goods and services per Creative’s policy.
- Oversee the hiring of staff, consultants, and work with HR officer to ensure that Creative’s HR policies are being followed.
- Responsible for program compliance with USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures.
- Support COP and DCOP in all operations tasks and duties.
- Manages, trains, and mentors key project country team members in the areas of administration, procurement, logistics, human resources, IT, and other departments as needed.
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
- Travel as needed to regional offices to ensure smooth and harmonized operations, providing management support as necessary.
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Trade Hub countries.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of subcontracts for project operations, such as office cleaning services, car hire providers, guard services, etc.
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff, and oversee organization of workshops
- Oversee the management of project’s assets, safeguarding of inventory and ICT equipment, transport and vehicle management and maintenance of office premises.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor.
- Other related duties as assigned (ex. assisting in opening regional offices, project closeout, etc.).
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA Degree required in Project Management, Business Management / Administration / Accounting / Financial Management, or related field.
- MA / M.Sc Degree desired
- Knowledge of operating procedures and security considerations in high-risk environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English highly desired, advanced knowledge/conversational working ability required.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Available to travel within the West Africa region when necessary, in particular to the other project offices.
- Previous experience working with USAID strongly desired.
- Nigerian national are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must have at least 8 years of general work experience and 5+ years of specific experience related to the position required. Must have at least 4+ years of direct supervisory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement, inventory, operations, logistics, and fleet management systems and procedures, such as fuel management, vehicle inspection, asset oversight/disposal, and budgeting
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in either PDF or Word format as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Application Deadline 15th March, 2022.