Operations Director at GUS Consulting Limited
GUS Consulting Limited – Our client is focused on developing a movement of leaders across the nation who are committed to ending educational inequity. In the short term through a two-year Fellowship, They recruit Nigeria’s most outstanding university graduates and young professionals of all academic disciplines to teach as full-time teachers (as Fellows) in high-need schools in poor communities. Through this experience, our Fellows gain exposure to the realities of Nigeria’s education system and begin to identify their role in building a broader movement for educational equity. In the long term, they support its alumni – equipped with the experience, conviction, and insight that comes from leading children to fulfil their potential – to be a force for change, working from across sectors to expand educational opportunities
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Director
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Sense of possibility: they relentlessly drive towards achieving our goals, with a strong belief that nothing is impossible.
- Respect and Humility: All our actions are guided by a sense of humility and equality, and we greatly value human dignity.
- Excellence: We have high expectations of ourselves and others, and we are sworn to deliver the best quality in all we do.
- Leadership: We set positive examples and influence others to achieve set goals.
- Innovation: We anticipate change and shape it to fit our purpose. We acknowledge the weaknesses within our society and create ethical, forward-thinking solutions.
- Integrity: We do the right thing, and we conduct ourselves in accordance with the highest standards of professional behaviour and ethics. We are transparent, honest, and ethical in all our interactions.
- The Operations Director will be responsible for implementing and overseeing all operational goals of the Organization and serving as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer on operational matters.
- The Operations Manager will develop, strengthen and execute important internal policies and procedures in areas including, but not limited to: Finance, Human Resources, Marketing/Communications, Administration, and Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that appropriate processes and policies are in place to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Collaborating with other partner organizations towards improving organizational best practice
- Collaborate with team leads toward the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Coordinate the team leads toward the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Coordinate legal, audit, advisory, finance, risk management, and other professional/outsourced services.
- Improve organizational efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary
Finance & Legal:
- Ensure that the organization’s day-to-day financial and legal stand is accurate and meets all regulatory standards.
- Liaise with the Legal Consultant to ensure all processes, procedures, and policies are in line with the law.
- Ensure all third-party contracts/transactions are properly executed.
- Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, implementing, evaluating, monitoring, and forecasting budgets and costs for each team to achieve financial objectives.
- Oversee the management of the organization’s technology and web-based data management systems, including the development and maintenance of our core salesforce.com system (used for recruitment, selection, participant and alumni management, and stakeholder relationships); and lateral training of other staff in their use of data management systems
- Maintenance and further development of digital presence (website, social media, and email marketing as appropriate)
- Responsibility for approving incoming communications, verbal and written, and preparing outgoing communications as required
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of IT systems (e.g. directory structures, contact databases, and ensuring data integrity and cleanliness) Marketing and Communications
- Monitoring the activities of the media team and ensuring compliance with laid down guidelines.
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new staff.
- Ensure HR drives staff engagement and the implementation of an HR system including employee satisfaction metrics and a performance management system
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Supporting the development of a training and professional development strategy for the organization
- Governance support, including the preparation of Board papers and minutes
- Coordination, sourcing, and management of office infrastructure and materials
- Ensure a seamless procurement process
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Ensure the coordination of a sound inventory system
- Establish contracts, agreements, and pricing and ensure proper maintenance, and serve as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health, and safety agencies.
Education and Experience
- Interested candidates should possess a BEd, MSc or PGCE
- At least five years of senior-level experience with broad management and operational responsibility
- Experience in developing budgets, making financial projections, and business plans
- Superior negotiation skills for both internal and external purposes
- Strong working knowledge of financial management and reporting, data analysis, and performance metrics, using business management software
- Excellent leadership skills: able to influence others; able to enhance and build the culture of Teach For Nigeria
- International perspective and experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Embraces and values diversity
- Exemplifies the company’s core values and possesses the highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect for others, and humility.
- Outstanding management skills; a team builder capable of recruiting, retaining, motivating, and developing a highly effective team
- Superior strategic and analytical skills: able to solve complex problems and implement solutions
- Relentless pursuit of improvement and results
- Salary is competitive (N12,000,000 – N15,000,000 per annum) and depends on prior experience.
- Benefits include opportunities for training. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development through the global network.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 26th January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Operations Director at GUS Consulting Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria