Office Administrator (Protocol) at International Finance Corporation (IFC)
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: E T Temporary – Office Administrator (Protocol)
Job #: req21521
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- We are looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as an Administrative Assistant.
- The Administrative Assistant reports to the Country Manager and works closely with the Administrative team.
- He/She is to support IRS with government documentation and ensure that lapses are promptly brought to the attention of the Country Manager for immediate resolution.
- The successful candidate is expected to work independently and will be assigned responsibilities requiring in-depth knowledge of the institution and the country office procedures.
- S/he is expected to ensure that the administrative processes, travel coordination, protocol arrangements for high-level staff visiting the office and IRS (internationally recruited staff), are running smoothly, continuously and efficiently always.
Roles & Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Assistant would carry out the following functions:
- Proactively prepare office and expatriate staff tax exemption requests and ensure follow-up with different Government offices.
- Help new staff relocated to the country obtain all the mandatory documents to stay in the country legally.
- Focal point person on all Consular, Privileges and Immunities matters for IFC in Nigeria.
- Protocol services and liaison with key Government agencies and departments, and Embassies.
- Provide logistics support and assist in managing and handling VIP visits.
- Processing of Import/Export Exemption certificates for the Country Office and Staff members relocating to the Nigeria Office, from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Department of Customs and Excise on behalf of the IFC.
- Monitoring and reporting on shipments meant for the Country office and IRS from point of departure to arrival.
- Liaison with designated clearing agents to ensure early clearance of IFC and IRS vehicles, equipment, machinery, furniture, and other assets.
- Close liaison with Immigration and Customs on shipping matters as and when necessary.
- Any other administrative or protocol-related duties as may be assigned by the Country Manager.
- Provide meet-greet-and-assist service to Director level staff and above, including meeting them at the airport, and making sure they are processed smoothly through Immigration and Customs during arrival and departure.
- Focal point person in coordinating IFC requests for airport passes, as needed from time to time.
- Liaising with Ministry of Foreign Affairs personnel to provide Immigration clearance for arriving staff members at all the international airports in Nigeria
- Liaising with all of IFC’s registered shipping agents in the transportation of all shipments from the ports to the desired destinations and vice versa
- Focal point person on all Consular, Privileges and Immunities matters for IFC in Nigeria
- Provides logistics support and assists in managing and handling VIP visits at the airport.
- Processing work permits and renewal for the staff and their families assigned to Nigeria.
- Provision of guidance to new IRS members relocating to Nigeria (during the pre-assignment visit and final relocation)
- Processing of entry visa and or Visa on Arrival for both staff members and consultants visiting Nigeria for official duties
- Preparation of all Note Verbales for the following:
- Diplomatic Number Plate, Diplomatic ID card application, Diplomatic Drivers’ License , All shipments’ duty waiver applications, Multiple re-entry visas/Resident Permit , National Identification Number (NIN) applications
- Correspondence to all government agencies in relation to protocol matters
- Notes to Immigration Service for visa extensions
- Responses to memos from NIS
- Processing of End User Certificates (EUC) for the importation of classified items
Supporting IFC IRS staff:
- Notifying the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about IRS arrival joining the country office and departure after completion of their assignment.
- Nigeria Revenue Authority PIN card application to enable their agents to clear their vehicle registration and other import documentation.
- Facilitating IRS staff in getting local driver’s License.
- Helping IRS staff with the registration of their motor vehicles and disposal after completion of their assignment.
- Registration of IFC and IRS Vehicles with Registrar of Motor Vehicles.
- Making sure Official vehicles are insured at the port of entry and process renewals. Also advising IRS on insurance contacts.
- Process diplomatic notes (Note Verbale) to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Processing of shipments’ duty waiver applications for the CO and IRS members.
- Reception and transmittal of all correspondences to and from different Ministries, Commissions, the Presidency, and others.
- The processing of other applications such as resident permits, DID cards, Diplomatic driver’s licenses, Diplomatic number plates, NIN, Schedule B applications for the sale of cars of IRS members and others.
- Process VAT exceptions for the Bank and IRS staff and follow up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and NRA.
- Process customs documents to facilitate the clearance of shipments and motor vehicles for both WBG and IRS staff
- Coordinate with clearing and forwarding agents and make sure that the Bank equipment and IRS staff personal effects are cleared smoothly.
- The processing of all Customs Clearance applications such as CC1, CC2, and CC3:
- Duty waivers for staff members’ personal effects
- All the World Banks’ official shipments
- All cars imported by the Bank and IRS members
- All beverages for CC2 applications
- Liaising with the Customs’ hierarchy on issues affecting the Bank
- Response to memos from the Customs Service.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree / its equivalent with at least 5 years of directly relevant experience.
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- Experience working with the Nigerian government departments on protocol, immigration, and shipping matters for international organizations is an added advantage.
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has the ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within the agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, and understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and be receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibit good communication skills, and a positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand client’s needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication – Good English language skills (verbal and written), able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th March, 2023 (11:59pm UTC).
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Office Administrator (Protocol) at International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.