Lagos Executive Cardiovascular Centre (LECC) is a multidisciplinary cardiovascular and cardiac rehabilitation 24/7 facility focused on the treatment and management of cardiovascular diseases and trigger diseases using both invasive and non-invasive procedures, as well as preventive cardiology. Our centre is inclusive of an ICU, theatre and more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer (Single or Double Qualified) & Specialty Nurse (Accident & Emergency; ICU; Cardiology, etc)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families.
- Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations.
- Attends to Home care visits when scheduled on-call shift
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrate the required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implement and monitor infection control measures.
- Provide basic life support when needed.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the clinic management.
- Apply safety measures related to patient care.
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care.
- Accountable for the use of patients’ and the hospital’s resources.
- Accountable to the patient, the organization, the profession and self.
- Perform clerical duties when needed.
Patient & Family Education / Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to LECC’s Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test result.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
Qualifications & Training
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 2 years.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to the different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making a decision.
- LECC requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at LECC through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to a higher level of care.
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th May, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.