Nigeria Fact-Checking Producer at Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is one of the world’s most trusted provider of answers, helping professionals make confident decisions and run better businesses. Our customers operate in complex arenas that move society forward — law, tax, compliance, government, and media – and face increasing complexity as regulation and technology disrupts every industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Fact-Checking Producer
Req #: JREQ166590
Job Function: News & Editorial
About this Position
- We are looking for a journalist based in Nigeria with strong research and writing skills to join its dynamic fact-checking team.
- This part-time position involves identifying viral content relating to misinformation topics and writing comprehensive fact-check articles to establish the facts behind them.
- The post supports the Reuters fact-checking team in writing misinformation trend reports and works closely with the Nigeria bureau.
About the Job
As a fact-checking producer, you will:
- Work 20 hours a week on an exciting project that aims to tackle misinformation on social media
- Proactively pitch fact-check articles addressing misinformation in Nigeria and beyond
- Communicate fact-check findings in a manner that is clear, concise, and free from bias
- Be deeply familiar with social media as a newsgathering tool and how misinformation travels online
- Liaise closely with the Nigeria bureau and flag potential news articles about mis- and disinformation in the country
- Be part of our global fact-checking team.
To be a fact-checking producer, you should:
- Demonstrate an analytical approach and an ability to research and pitch independently
- Have at least three years of reporting and news writing experience
- Show strong news judgment
- Be able to proactively identify emerging trends and misinformation on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter and TikTok, among others
- Prior experience in social media newsgathering, OSINT, or fact-checking would be a clear advantage. This role may include occasional weekend shifts.
- Write crisp and clean copy in English
- Show a proven interest in current affairs and misinformation
What’s in it For You?
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Wednesday, 15th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Nigeria Fact-Checking Producer at Thomson Reuters
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.