First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: MSC Sponsorship, Partnerships, Events & Collaborations Officer
Job Identification: 385
- Strategic focus on delivering sponsorship and events initiatives and activities in alignment wiith the Bank’s objectives whilst seeking out value propositions, proposals to retaining existing and building new partnerships and generating revenue leads for Business Units.
- Contribute to the production of world class publications and conferences that positions the Bank as thought leaders, policy influencers and key drivers of banking and financial services in the Nigerian economy and globally, one Business Unit at a time.
- Support the Head, Sponsorships, Events and Content Management in the delivery and crucial positioning of FirstBank’s global sponsorship and events initiatives and activities in alignment wiith the Bank’s objectives whilst seeking out value propositions that lead to the retaining of existing relationships and building new ones with a view to generating revenue leads.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with implementing the Bank’s sponsorship and events strategies, one Business Unit at a time
- Assist with monitoring developments in the sponsorship of Business Unit events by carrying out environmental scans to ensure that the Bank is abreast with all highly sensitive news/developments
- Provide analysis for all information gathered on sponsorship and events and make comments that will help management in decision making
- Supervise elements of events outsourced to event managers, consultants and agencies
- Assist in generating ideas as well as implementing bank-owned conferences and workshops globally, upholding thought leadership, policy influencing and financial inclusion objectives
- Develop plans to sustain awareness, passion and participation for the Bank’s publications and conferences initiatives.
- Provide editorial support and ensure timely production of other good quality publications as may be required by Management (e.g. Corporate Profile) and provide necessary support for other publications from different Business Units within the Bank.
- Assist with negotiating the best price on the Bank’s sponsorship/events using the Bank’s policy on comparative quotes from different vendors
- Assist with monitoring the Bank’s brand/visibility at events to ensure consistency and handle competition as this will aid to review how the Bank is performing compared to other banks
- Work with Business Units within the Bank to ensure standard delivery of the Bank’s events
- Assist with identifying sponsorship platforms that would generate revenue leads for the different Business Units using the sponsorship filter as measurement metrics
Education Minimum Education:
- First Degree in Social Science or Science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Marketing/Corporate Communications and/or Sponsorship and Events role in blue chip companies or Advertising/PR/Journalism.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9:16 AM: 23rd January, 2022.