Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Director, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a MEL and CLA Director for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The MEL and CLA Director will design and manage the MEL and CLA plan and learning agenda on technical and management processes.
- They will supervise the MEL, KM, communication, and reporting functions to systematically generate, synthesize, share, and apply learning, effective, and adaptive management.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria (most likely Abuja).
- Facilitate learning workshops with MEL and technical leads, engaging partners in identifying evidence-based ways to adapt and scale interventions
- Create, share, and manage relevant knowledge assets that support program outcomes
- Ensure that programmatic learning and results are fully documented, shared, and used to drive adaptive management processes
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys to ensure that project goals are met and that the team constantly improves program implementation quality
- Conduct data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner
- Complete impact assessment, baseline, midline, and end line surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods
- Design learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context, and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity’s technical approaches
- Lead the collection, analysis, documentation, dissemination, and use of best practices and lessons learned
- Design and implement internal and external knowledge exchange and learning events to improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application
- Supervise the detailed work plan for implementation of the program’s Communication and Outreach Strategy
- Develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration, and dissemination of program learning
- Support the design of and manage the MEL framework and plan that incorporates CLA principles and components
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place
- Provide technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools
- Develop and test instruments for data collection; collect, analyze, and summarize field visit reports from program technical staff and implementing partners
- Evaluate the integration of project design with the program strategy and the impact of business and technical processes to the program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant field required
- 8 years of experience implementing knowledge management and sharing/learning, using CLA principles and approaches
- Demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and research methods to analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply learning to work planning
- Proven leadership in supervising staff, managing multiple complex project components, and convening people across technical teams to build consensus and achieve an outcome
- Ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.