Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Analyst in an International Company
An International company is recruiting suitably qualificed candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Analyst
Locations: Akure – Ondo & Ikom – Cross River (with frequent trips to project areas)
Department: International Operations
This position reports to: The MEL Director
- One of our member companies is seeking applications for the recruitment of two Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Analysts for its TRACE project, based in Nigeria.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Analyst will assist the MEL Director with project reporting by providing high-quality technical support to technical staff on data collection, ensuring timely real-time data entries are verified and validated.
- S/He will support the project in the design and management of monitoring, evaluation system, and reporting to ensure that data are well collected, assessed, and analyzed for decision-making.
- S/He will monitor the day-to-day activities and assist in project reports and lessons learned, flagging any bottlenecks and challenges that may impact programmatic implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure to follow the Corus program quality standards while designing and implementing project activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and distill lessons learned from project implementation and input from beneficiaries.
- Attend project/stakeholders’ coordination meetings to share information and learn from other peer agencies.
- Ensure compliance with Corus and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Support the MEL Director in ensuring timely, accurate, and complete compilation of all necessary data to inform reports and project documents, including annual work plans, project performance monitoring plan, monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual reports, etc.
- Manage data with an analytical lens, identifying key indicators and/or data points that may be used for further research or publication.
- Support the MEL Director in data visualization and analysis for presentation to diverse audiences and stakeholders at various forums (conferences, workshops, etc.).
- Support the MEL Director in conducting needs assessments, MEAL surveys, supporting concept notes, proposal development, and others related to the project.
- Ensure that cross-cutting themes such as gender and protection are integrated with the partners and in the project’s MEAL plan and systems.
- Plays a key role in coordinating field trips, including securing relevant government approvals, compliance with safety and security protocols, and coordination with local partners and communities.
- Support the MEL Director in ensuring all project activities adhere to national technical norms and standards and that best practices and approaches are well documented and highlighted throughout project implementation.
- Ensure ethical and safe data collection, management and storage following with best practices and Corus policies.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by the MEL Director.
- Perform any other tasks related to his/her competencies and experience assigned by the leadership of the project.
- Support the development and implementation of feedback and response channels to reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries of the project.
- Ensure that all sensitive and not sensitive cases are channeled (including documentation) according to the framework with a high level of confidentiality and neutrality.
- Coordinate closely with MEL Director for accountability-related cases that involve gender and protection issues and documentation.
- Facilitate to orient program staff and partners on the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Information Management Development, Agronomy, Social Sciences or a related field preferred.
- 5 – 7 years’ demonstrated experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably Development context, Agriculture sectors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Commitment to the values of Corus and being able to model these values in dealings with colleagues and partners: accompaniment, gratitude, vocation, stewardship, and innovation. Understanding and commitment to development and agriculture in Nigeria.
- Deep commitment to Corus’ core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technically-sound presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Deep understanding of the local context of Nigeria, ability to travel frequently, and navigate local government and community structures.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint. Knowledge of data management software such as STATA, NVivo, SPSS preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people.
- Proven experience working with donors, NGOs, communities, and local authorities.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning of agriculture and humanitarian assistance programming.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2023.
Note: The position is a local position open to Nigerian nationals
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Analyst in an International Company
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.