Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Transitional Police Unit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization: 174 PRT
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police.
- Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will serve as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project.
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for collecting and aggregating all data associated with the program’s monitoring and evaluation activities.
- The M&E Specialist will ensure regular collection of data, aggregation, analysis, and transmission of information on activities and results.
- This position will support efforts to ensure TPU is developing, implementing, and maintaining quality performance monitoring and evaluation systems compliant with client requirements that serve program management.
- The M&E Specialist will work closely with the program team, police trainers and other staff to develop tools for meeting requirements to measure performance.
- The position will report to the In-Country Project Manager.
- Responsible for developing and managing M&E systems for the programs technical activities.
- Perform Baseline Assessments as needed.
- Maintain sound, client-responsive, and innovative monitoring, and evaluation services in line with the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Monitor project performance against targets and alert senior management to possible performance issues.
- Lead the project team in company file management practices, including archiving activity reports, meeting minutes, and other required information.
- Assist with other project reporting, as required.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information, managing recordkeeping, and other project development and program office functions.
- Assist in organizing trainings for the technical staff, field actors, and implementing partners on the use of the M&E system, including data collection and reporting.
- Travel to training facilities outside of Abuja to monitor activities and collect data.
- Design project performance indicators and metrics according to client specifications.
- Develop tools and forms for collecting and analyzing data that measure performance indicators and results.
- Ensure proper data quality and data collection methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Report on all project activities and indicators as assigned by the In-Country Project Manager.
- Manage and maintain data files so that integrity is always assured, and relevant data is available for reporting.
- Provide guidance and oversight to actors responsible for data collection to ensure compliance with the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Any other technical support to the program or DPM as necessary.
- Must have a BA from an accredited university.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project and Windows Operating System.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Responsible, highly organized, and motivated.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
- Five years of professional experience in project management with an international organization.
- Three years of experience in qualitative and qualitative research and in conducting survey and sample design.
- Ability to travel outside of Abuja for periods of one week or longer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.