Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2023-016
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Provide support to the Institutional Scaling and Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Impact Assessment (MELIA) Work Package 5 of the One CGIAR Initiative on Transforming Agri-Food Systems in West and Central Africa.
- Monitoring and reporting on the initiative activities, outputs, withininitiative outcomes, end-of-initiative outcomes, action area impacts, and CGIAR impact areas in West Africa.
- Data collection, processing, analysis, and reporting of the initiative's baseline, adoption, impact, and scaling studies.
- Develop performance matrices, data matrices, and data tools for data management.
- Develop M&E plans for programs, projects, and units within IITA.
- Support monitoring and evaluation work as required at the Institutional, One CGIAR & Bilateral Project levels.
- Conduct data quality assessments of data reported to the headquarters from programs, projects, units, sections, directorates, and hubs as may be directed by the Head of M&E.
- Conduct/participate in M&E system development and training for program/project partners toward developing national capacities in M&E.
- Work with the Head of the M&E Unit to effectively maintain the Institute’s and ONE CGIAR Initiatives M&E database(s) and ensure the data are upto-date.
- Review objective hierarchy and logical framework matrices activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impacts of projects under each Hub.
- Identify and design performance questions, key indicators, and targets for each project.
- Agree with stakeholders on how to record, report, and analyze progress against targets and design formats for reporting on progress.
- Undertake and facilitate M&E plan implementation, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats, and analytical processes.
- Conduct monitoring site visits, conduct/participate in evaluations (baseline, mid-term, end of project), internal and external impact assessment studies.
- Provide mentoring and coaching in performance assessment to M&E focal persons through on-site and online meetings.
- Guide unit/sections/directorate teams to use IITA’s institutional level results-indicator Handbook to develop annual/strategic plans, track activity implementation, manage performance data, and report to higher levels of supervisors’ hierarchy.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc in Statistics, Social Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Project Management, Agriculture or any other related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent communication skills (writing, reading, oral).
- Have the ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages such as SPSS and STATA.
- Have strong experience in writing reports.
- Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
- Have strong experience in using ONA/ODK or Survey Solutions for data collection.
- Be a good team player.
- Be proficient in computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th April, 2023.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.