Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Damien Foundation
Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR -TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families. Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the Global Fund TB Grant program in Oyo State, Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is recruiting qualified candidates to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (PPM Grant)
Employment Type: Contract
Organizational Unit: Programme Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and oversight on monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund project
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project implementation plan and meets the donor and project's M&E needs.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Provide technical support to state officers in ensuring that programmatic data/indicators are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations, and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
- Provide technical support to Global Fund project, LSMOH, including development of survey instruments, survey implementation, data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the M&E Manager.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project training database and programmatic progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
Education / Experience
- Applicants must have a University Degree in any related field i.e Statistics, Demography, Public Health
- A master's Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 2-5 years working on TB related projects
- Competency in Microsoft Office, SPSS, Epi-Info and STATA
- Applicant's experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Not more than 45 years old
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in related health fields and programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Damien Foundation
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.