Mission Supply Chain Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mission Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Defining supply strategies and coordinating the implementation of an efficient mission supply chain according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Proposing a supply strategy for the mission or the revision thereof, to the coordination team for validation, according to the mission’s context and the operational needs
- In line with MSF’s protocols, policies, standards and guidelines, ensuring the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the validated mission supply strategy under the Supply Chain or Logistics Coordinator’s responsibility
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the overall supply procedures, of an efficient supply administration and providing adapted tools to support the different supply activities. Guaranteeing the standardization of warehouse management focusing on medical stocks and the interactions with the distribution points
- Offering a permanent technical support to the supply teams as well as to all other departments in the mission (Fin, Med,)
- Managing field visits on regular basis to offer a permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders
- Validating the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.) proposed by the procurement officers, transport manager together with the technical referents when needed
- Acting as a permanent auditor of the supply chain: as such, monitoring the different supply processes as well as the use of the tools and the accurate execution of the supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed. Ensuring the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
- Evaluating the HR set-up related to supply (team sizes, JD, organigrams, division of tasks and responsibilities) and managing the different supply teams in the mission (Coordination + Project) and participating in the selection, the follow-up (training-coaching) and evaluation of the staff under his supervision
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Establish a good flow of information with the medical department;
- Communicate regularly and clearly with projects and capital on the status of their requests. Advise the projects on lead-time of specific items, and provide the pipeline of back orders monthly;
- Provide information relevant to requests to the LogCo Supply for logistic items and Mission Pharmacist for medical orders in determining if they can be fulfilled from stock, local purchase or international order;
- Ensure the respect of financial authorization table and approval;
- Responsible for follow-up of local and international purchase (Purchase list and Purchase order) and communicating with all suppliers including Amsterdam procurement Unit;
- In consultation with LogCo Supply and in cooperation with local purchaser update the local suppliers list and their price lists in regular intervals;
- Responsible to approach suppliers, negotiate, and prepare purchase contracts. Every 3 to 6 months compile tenders, renegotiate contracts and supervise that process is properly followed;
- Contribute to the monthly logistic report. Supervise, track and ensure accuracy of monthly supply reporting done by projects and analyzes monthly supply reports such as Monthly Stock Report (MSR), Total Stock Review (TSR), Stock Monitoring Sheets (SMS) etc.
- Keep track of all loans and donations certificates and status;
- Good communications skills and ability to support projects remotely by radio, email and telephone, as well as in person on field visits.
- Communicate with local and international suppliers for status of purchase orders, claims and/or complaints;
- Assess the local transport market and monitor prices of transporters at least once a year;
- Communicate with projects to set the priority of project cargos;
- Analyze the database of standard items and compare it periodically with items regularly ordered by the mission. Notes the items regularly purchased, and create of local codes in collaboration with the LogCo Supply;
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential: Degree and specialization in Logistics / Supply Chain.
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures.
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipments and kits in accordance to the nature of the project).
- English essential; Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel & Internet)
- People Management & Development, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility and Commitment to MSF Principles.
N592,535 monthly (Gross)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their CV, Cover Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of only necessary Credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) to: [email protected] using “SC MANAGER” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2023 (5:00pm).
- Only one application should be submitted as multiple applications will not be considered.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- NO Transportation and NO per diems will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Mission Supply Chain Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria