Meta (Formerly Facebook) builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today – beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We invite applications for:
Title: NPE Residency Programme 2022 (Commerce)
- The NPE Residency Program (NPE-RP) is NPE’s new way of helping Global tech entrepreneurs make their ideas a reality.
- Through the course of this 6-month program, you get the opportunity to work with experienced tech builders to ideate and test our new innovative products, while partnering with mentors who will support you with a combination of real-world experience, design thinking processes, and access to Meta’s resources.
- You will be trained in design thinking processes while building new products through a capstone project, which is part of the curriculum.
- Our ideal resident has the ability to work collaboratively in small teams to research a target audience, ideate, prototype, and bring key stakeholders along on the journey.
- One area of focus for us is building impactful zero to one products that solve important commerce and SMB owners’ problems in Nigeria.
- The successful resident will have deep interest in exploring problems and ideating solutions around the commerce theme.
- This effort is focused on addressing user needs for business management tools, product discovery and promotion, delivery and fulfilment.
- Applicants must be interested in the interplay of technology and business development and should have a knowledge of the local business ecosystem and some of the challenges small businesses face.
- We operate from the principle of building local before thinking global, and primarily view Africa as a multi-country market starting with its largest economy, Nigeria.
The successful resident will collaborate closely with the resident manager and other cross functional teams to:
- Conduct formative research to identify and fine-tune the right urban youth latent needs or problems.
- Design and execute iterative design research needed to mould early product ideas into testable prototypes.
- Conduct creative evaluative research to improve, refine and prepare the early prototypes for build.
- Facilitate workshops with different user panels, clients and stakeholders
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable
- Create new interactive prototypes, test and refine them with users.
- Collaboratively develop and execute research roadmaps for the latent needs and problems
- Lead the various research studies throughout all the phases of the product development lifecycle
- Plan and execute systems mapping, customer journeys and service blueprints
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and fast iteration through feedback and user testing
- 2+ years of experience in building consumer products in and for Nigeria
- Experience in a start-up or a fast-paced product development environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in product development related fields such as HCI, Computer Science, Business, Design, Psychology, Social Sciences etc.
- Communication skills to influence stakeholders and leaders throughout the design journey.
- Experience with data and utilising data to define and support hypothesess
- Experience in human-centred design, product design, UX strategy, UX research, product management and software development.
- Deep passion and proximity to a product opportunity that serves the needs of Nigerian consumers, as evidenced by their portfolio of projects.
- Relevant experience in taking a novel idea from concept to delivering a new customer product.
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artefacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Some experience with prototyping tools e.g. Figma, Sketch, Framer, Balsamiq, InVision or similar.
- Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.