AMURT (Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team) is one of the few private international humanitarian organizations founded in India. Since its inception in 1965 its original objective was to help meet the needs of the affected population after disasters that regularly hit the Indian sub-continent. Over the years AMURT has established teams in thirty-four countries, to create a network that can meet disaster and development needs almost anywhere in the world. In 1985 we broadened our goals to include long-term development. We feel that we can play a useful role in helping vulnerable communities break the cycle of poverty and gain greater control over their lives. For us, development is human exchange: people sharing wisdom, knowledge and experience to build a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
- The doctor is expected to express strong leadership skill at all levels, with the health centre management team, like midwives, officer-in-charge and Clinic Management Committee and is expected to display strong feeling of responsibility at all times.
Emergency Obstetric Care:
- Must be able to perform caesarean section and other surgeries.
Standard of Care:
- Doctor must identify problems and resolve it appropriately. He/she is expected to participate in maintaining standard and order in the facility.
- Doctor must ensure that roles and responsibilities are adhered to and goals are met
- Monitor and supervise midwives, scientists, health workers and other adjunct staff in the health facility.
- Ensure that the job specification for the resident midwives and other health workers are strictly observed.
- Carry out administrative duties as assigned by supervisor. Planning, implementing and directing clinical services in the health centres
- Ensure the implementation of standard protocols and safety regulations.
- Keep staff updated on new health care regulations and finding ways to improve clinical services.
Call Duty in Rural Health Centers:
- Readiness to take call duty in rural health centers.
Standard of Care:
- Ensure that patients receives the highest standard of medical/surgical care.
- Ensure proper and prompt referral of complex cases according to AMURT referral protocols
- clinical data, collaborate with M&E department to ensure that adequate information are tracked and obtained and confidentiality is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that health workers are well taught during rounds.
- Report directly to the medical director
Innovation & Upgrade:
- Contribute to upgrades, develop new initiatives and innovations in the health centre.
- Candidates must have 2 years post NYSC experience.
- Must be willing to work in the remote area of the state.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV / resume to: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit a copy to our head office at:
26, Onwe Road Extension,
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
Application Deadline 5th November, 2021.